Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lookin to get a new bike pretty soon. Been looking hard at Felts but dont really know anyone riding them. I am looking at two bikes, the AR4 and the F3SL. Does anyone have any experience with Felt or has anyone rode any of these two bikes. The AR4 is equipped with ultegra sl, while the F3SL is equipped with SRAM red.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'd get a Felt in a heartbeat if I could find a layback seatpost with a massive amount of setback. The Felt's have too steep a seat angle for my liking. Everything else is all good.

·
that ain't chamois cream
645 Posts
One thing is whether you "need" the aero features of the AR, since you're paying a penalty for it in terms of drivetrain and wheel quality. Depends on what kinds of riding you do. You might find the ride quality on the AR suffers as well. It'd be worth riding both to find out.

·
COMER
604 Posts
I currently ride a Cervelo S3, but I used to ride a Felt F1, damn nice bike. Stable descender and comfortable. Short head tube if I recall, aggressive position, but fast.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like Felt bikes. I test rode the AR4 and took it up my favorite climb. At the beginning of the climb the AR4 felt sluggish while seated. I thought that this might have to do with the bike not being fit to me, so I stood up and it didn't feel any better.

The AR4 is not a good climber because the chain stays are too long. It looks cool though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts