Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to stay reasonable on price, looking at past models, etc. Here are some options:

Some things to consider:

1. I would like Di2, but don't necessarily have the coin to do it now. So, if I get a SRAM or Ultegra mech model, maybe I should make sure I'm getting one that would be Di2 Upgradable later? Or, should I just keep watching Ebay and buy something used with Di2 - as a better value instead of upgrading at a later time?
2. My goal bike would be to upgrade to Di2, and put Aero bars with bar end Di2 shifters, so I'd be shifting on the drops or the ends.
3. I do some group rides, but also run triathlons and ride by myself. Not doing crazy long distances.
4. I'm 5'10 or so, and overweight at this time. 235 or so.

2012 FP Quattro Force/Rival - $2,784 Link here.
I really don't love any of the color schemes. I want to like the BOB, but I wish the "Pinarello" stuck out a little more.. I've never seen these colors in person - does it stand out more in person? Wish I had a store nearby.

2012 FP Quattro Ultegra Di2 - $3,999 Link here.
I don't think I want to spend that much (now), and don't really know that I love that color scheme either. Heck, since this bike is $1200+ more, wouldn't I be better off buying the Force/Rival bike of the same year, spending $1200 on the Di2, and then selling the other components? Doesn't seem like it makes sense to spend $4k on this bike.

2012 Rokh Force/Rival - $2,880 Click here.
I LOVE the Movistar color combo. Would I be able to do Di2 later without having external cables?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I love my SRAM equipped Quattro. Agree about the BoB, but others love it. Wanted the red one myself, but the black/white/silver has really grown on me now that I own it. Still want red, so some red tires and maybe red bar tape if I'm feeling brave.

As for the Di2, I thought it was straightforward to convert a cable equipped bike. It takes some tricks to route inside the frame, but they sell a magnet kit to help you do it. I used a magnet to guide a replacement rear shifter cable down my downtube and it was pretty easy.

Check this thread: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/bikes-frames-forks/di2-wiring-non-specific-di2-frames-274840.html

The only wrinkle in converting *might* be the Rival crank, but that should be easy to find out if it's compatible. The Rival crank is heavy anyway, so a swap might be attractive, and you're still competitive on total cost.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It might be too late, but the Rokh and Quattro don't have the same geometries, the Rokh is more relaxed, with a higher head tube.

I like my BoB '12 Quattro because you can't see the name clearly. Gets old fast when everyone comments on my bike where-ever I go. Had that problem with my last bike just based on COLOR. It was orange and carbon and just too loud and showy. Loved it at first, but after 4 years where everyone went nuts upon first seeing it, became tiresome.

The bike looks beautiful and very high quality in person. There is nothing to detract from the beauty of this bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.