Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running a 9 speed 12-25 dura-ace cassette. I want to get an 11 cog, but I don't necessarily want an 11-23 because I really appreciate the 25 tooth cog for certain climbs in the area.

I've read SRAM makes an 11-26 cassette that works with shimano drivetrains. If I go with this cassette will my current chain length for my 12-25 cassette work okay?

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
no change...

marc180 said:
I'm currently running a 9 speed 12-25 dura-ace cassette. I want to get an 11 cog, but I don't necessarily want an 11-23 because I really appreciate the 25 tooth cog for certain climbs in the area.

I've read SRAM makes an 11-26 cassette that works with shimano drivetrains. If I go with this cassette will my current chain length for my 12-25 cassette work okay?
If the chain is long enough to shift into the 53/25, then it will also shift into the 53/26 with no problem. It takes a 4 tooth change to equal the minimum 1 inch of chain length that can be changed. If you can't shift into the 53/25, then your chain is 1 inch too short now.

SRAM only makes a 10 speed 11-26 though. It will have to be an 11-23 or 12-26.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually...

i feel like i need the 11 tooth in some local races and certain rides i do.

however, i also like to have the 25 tooth for a few select hills that i ride regularly.

so yes, i do need, or at least want, both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.