Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used cheap cycling shorts (bellweather, giant bicycles, descente) in the past which I was comfortable with but recently got a Nalini (bib) short to try bibs. The chamois feels like a diaper to me, very big and padded. Did I choose the wrong one? I got it online so I didn't try it first, I'm not going to return it. It doesn't seem to conform to my body, but its the correct size.

·
Registered
21,525 Posts
Personal preference

samh said:
I have used cheap cycling shorts (bellweather, giant bicycles, descente) in the past which I was comfortable with but recently got a Nalini (bib) short to try bibs. The chamois feels like a diaper to me, very big and padded. Did I choose the wrong one? I got it online so I didn't try it first, I'm not going to return it. It doesn't seem to conform to my body, but its the correct size.
If you do a search on bike shorts, you will find that they are just like saddles - what works for one person is hated by another. Only you know which shorts you like and don't like. All you can do now is ride them and see how things work out.

·
Registered
635 Posts
+1 to what kerry said. I'm in college and flat broke from biking. I have 1 pair of super cheap shorts, 1 pair of decent ones, and the ones that are part of our team kit (uniform) which are super nice. That said I try to train on my cheaper and decent ones, leaving the nice ones for longer weekend rides, and races. After a few weeks my posterier has started to toughen up a bit (I'm also getting a new saddle sometime next week) and it's not so much of an issue. But try a few out. I got reccomendations from teammates of similar build and riding style to mine (short and skinny, climbers, and slower guys....I'm pretty new) and bought a few pairs of their reccomendation as I could afford. So ask around, but shorts can be hit or miss, I returned one pair to get to the situation I'm at right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts