Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Chorus 10s front derailleur (compact) from 2007 and use it on an ultra torque 50/34 crank. It does not shift as well as I would like, and has even jammed up in the past. My LBS said I should switch it to a Chorus 2008 FD, which should be much stiffer. Does anyone have any experience with these? Would an improvement be expected?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I can't answer your question directly.

FWIW...I'm using a 2000 9 speed FD on a 10 speed Chorus Compact (non-UT) crank with no shifting problems.

It may work better with a different FD...or may just need some tweeking. I would try tweeking before buying new.

Chorus is good stuff...and the "stiffness" claim seems bogus to say the least.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
info...

Some people seem to have good luck with older FDs, made for 53/39 cranks and others find them lacking. I have read some complaints about the 2007 compact FD, but it is NOT a stiffness problem. My only experience with compact shifting dates back to last spring when I bought a 50/34 Chorus compact and 2008 Chorus FD. Put 5,000 miles on it last year and it shifted great. I even used this setup for awhile with an 11 speed drivetrain late last year and had no problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.