Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the world of Campy and I'm having an issue with the Chorus rear brake that came on a frame I just bought. It "wiggles", meaning that I can rock the whole mechanism side to side around the center bolt.This is a problem in that the left side caliper will pull into the rim and stay there. I've tightened the nut as well as the lock nut on the outside of the frame (next to the brake caliper) - still wiggles. I took the caliper apart and everything seemed to be in place, spring etc. The only possible issue I could find is that the center bolt can actually spin around inside the caliper once all the other pieces are removed although in won't thread in or out. Is it supposed to do this or did something break?

FWIW this set is from about 2001-2002, no center adjustment nut. Front brake works fine.

Thanks for the help.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
This is a dual-pivot design?

There is a very small allen bolt that threads into the pivot to hold it in place. Located in the middle bridge. Sounds like this is loose or missing and that is why the centre bolt spins. This must be solidly in place.

If you have the new single-pivot design it looks like there is a locknut used to secure the pivot.

http://www.campagnolo.com/pdf/spares01-B.pdf

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. This is a single pivot caliper. The end of the pivot does have an allen nut but that just spins the whole pivot. There is a sort of lockring with 3 holes at the base of the caliper which has a very tiny little nut securing it at the edge. I'll have to tinker around with it.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.