Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had nothing but problems with the Chorus seat post that came on my (second hand)) bike. Basically, if I hit any kind of bump, the seat pivots .. i.e. the front moves up. It seems that the serrations on the two round bits at the top (that's technical talk for the two round bits at the top which clamp on the seat rails) aren't locking together, no matter how tight i screw the bolt holding it all together. Any ideas???

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
2 or 3 years ago, campagnolo switched there serration patterns to have more teeth, to give a finer adjustment. In fact, the posts came with a warning to never mix the 2 versions. Buying second hand, you don't know, it could be the case. I would take the post to a knowledgable campy dealer, and ask them to check to make sure both pieces are the same serration count.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for those tips .. I'm pretty sure the unit is kosher, it was only 6 months old and came from a semi-pro team, but will check anyway.

One more question, if I can sort out the serrations question .. should i grease between the cradles/on the serrations?

B

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.