Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the dream is not over yet but yeeoww that hurt. VDV can TT well enough that he might just possibly be able to get his podium spot back but another day like today and it's over for sure kiddo. I guess that proves our boy ain't a doper after all, eh coop?

Anyone not impressed by CSC today? If so you are crazy. My god that is one scary strong squad.

· Dopers ruin sport
508 Posts
Ya during the interview he had with RV he said a crash slowed him down and could get back into it. Whats really sucks is George got droped on the final climb. If he would have stayed with the leaders he probably would have won the stage. That was a crazy crash that happened to the Barlow World rider.

· Registered
460 Posts
Sintesi said:
Well the dream is not over yet but yeeoww that hurt. VDV can TT well enough that he might just possibly be able to get his podium spot back but another day like today and it's over for sure kiddo. I guess that proves our boy ain't a doper after all, eh coop?

Anyone not impressed by CSC today? If so you are crazy. My god that is one scary strong squad.

It was sad to see, but not suprising. Riding above 9000' is no joke. It seems according to his interview that he was actually less than a minut behind at the summit after some pacing by Ryder, but crashed on the descent trying to catch back on. I don't know about you all, but that descent would've scared the shite out of me:eek:

CSC is a machine. Note to all DS - that is how you build a TDF squad!!

· Registered
838 Posts
yeah, he said he was only 35 seconds back (I remember because he kept repeating it...like he wished he could bang his head against a wall...35 seconds...bang...35 seconds..bang) at the top of the climb....but then he crashed. And idiot Robbie Ventura doing the interview doesn't bother to say "what happend on the crash, are you OK, etc" but instead moves on to his next pre-written stupid question.

And poor George, he looked to be maybe 5-6 seconds back over the top. He just looked stunned that he couldn't make that up on the descent. He said something about couldn't get up his nerve. I guess he has other stuff to live for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.