Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Churche of the Baltic - Pictures

Thought I'd share the pictures from my trip a little differently this time, by theme.

Amsterdam....the Oude Kerk

Warnemunde, Germany

Helsinki - Uspenski Cathedral

Helsinki - Church of the Rock

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Great photos Len. There is some pretty interesting fenestration in the vicinity of the Oude Kerk as I recall......

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Churches of the Baltic, Continued

St Petersburgh

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
wowsers ..... some awesome pics, Len.

·
Review RoadBike Member
1,561 Posts
For some reason the green in the 5th photo grabs me.. I really like it.

Also the greens in the last photo. I must be in a green mood

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
lemme get this straight: you were in amsterdam and went to see CHURCHES? naughty nuns i understand, but...

i really like the green ones. just not a color you associate with churches unless its easter eggs.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Great pics, but placing Amsterdam and Warnemunde in the Baltic? :nono:

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rogger said:
Great pics, but placing Amsterdam and Warnemunde in the Baltic? :nono:
Warnemunde is...Amsterdam, not so much, but it was a "Baltic Cruise". :D

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Len J said:
Warnemunde is...Amsterdam, not so much, but it was a "Baltic Cruise". :D
Blödsinn, Warnemünde ist platziert am Ostsee, es gibt überhaupt nur drei Baltische Staaten. :D

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rogger said:
Blödsinn, Warnemünde ist platziert am Ostsee, es gibt überhaupt nur drei Baltische Staaten. :D
I don't read danish (or whatever you wrote), but I think you are splitting hairs....it's East of Copenhagen, north of Rostock........sure looks like the Baltic to me.:)

If you want to split heairs, St Petersburgh is on the bay of Finland. :D

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Len J said:
I don't read danish (or whatever you wrote), but I think you are splitting hairs....it's East of Copenhagen, north of Rostock........sure looks like the Baltic to me.:)

If you want to split heairs, St Petersburgh is on the bay of Finland. :D
Oh, it's okay. I couldn't point out the Mason-Dixon line on the map of the USA if I were asked to.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rogger said:
Oh, it's okay. I couldn't point out the Mason-Dixon line on the map of the USA if I were asked to.
LOL.......at least I'm in the right hemisphere.:rolleyes:

len

·
Always changing.....
4,523 Posts
Old churches and their architecture are some of the most beautiful buildings in the world. They are always a treat to view.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Some outstanding work there, LJ. Some of the perspective are just dizzying (a good thing) and you did a great job bringing out the ornate detail, especially in the St. Petersburgh pics.

If I could nitpick, on a few of them the composition just doesn't seem thought out.

Obviously you're dealing with high celings and tight spaces (not kode), but in a pic like the above if you can't get the whole window in the frame then maybe get closer and figure out how to crop it artistically. Just my $.02.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DrRoebuck said:
Some outstanding work there, LJ. Some of the perspective are just dizzying (a good thing) and you did a great job bringing out the ornate detail, especially in the St. Petersburgh pics.

If I could nitpick, on a few of them the composition just doesn't seem thought out.

Obviously you're dealing with high celings and tight spaces (not kode), but in a pic like the above if you can't get the whole window in the frame then maybe get closer and figure out how to crop it artistically. Just my $.02.
Thanks. Many of the pics were taken on the fly or in the unusual moments when people were not in the way.......not ideal but thought provoking. I'll try the crops.

This again.

Len

·
ab aeterno
3,383 Posts
Amazing pictures. They really give a sense that the majesty of these places can only be comprehended in person just because there is so much going on with the ceilings and atmosphere.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
Very nice, LJ. Next time take me with you and I'll carry your camera bag around for you. :)

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,268 Posts
The Russians sure like 'em fancy. Good shots. Ignore Roebuck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts