Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,589 Posts
By the way, the last time this brood emerged, my dog scarfed down as many as he could. He was sooo happy! There are recipes for eating them. Good for us too.
My dog did this too. It was so weird, going out to police the yard for dog poop, and seeing these little red eyes (apparenty indigestible) staring up at you.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Don't get stung by one of those cicada killers! They don't usually sting people, but when they do, IT REALLY HURTS! (Don't ask me how I know)
Stop trying to play with them. They are like pet puffer fish. You can look at them, talk to them and the like. But as soon as you reach out to pet one, they get this stinging mad attitude.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
cicada on tomato plant.jpg
OK -- I never do a thread dredge so I'm owed at least one. How fast five years go when I last posted on this. My kid just graduated from high school. Last time we saw these bugs he was a year old and I thought the next time I see them he'll be headed to college. An eternity from then. And here it is. I'll be 75 next time I see them (I hope).We get the annual cicadas every summer -- these are far different in that there's literally billions of them. Some trees have piles of exoskeletons around them.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts