Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a recent move, my humidor got turned over dumping my humidifier out. The cigars that were in there got propylene glycol on them.

Are they okay to smoke?

Thanks.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
Ethylene glycol, is commonly used in acrylic paints, brake fluid, antifreeze, tile grout, primer, sealant paste, floor polish, tyre sealant and shoe polish. Oh yes.......and it's also used in some "smoothing lotions" and "firming moisturizer"!

Known health effects: throat irritation, headache, backache, kidney problems, oedema (swelling), necrosis (cell death). If swallowed, can cause drowsiness, and slurred speech, possibly stupor, vomiting, respiratory failure, coma, convulsions, and death

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tomk96 said:
i hope they were swisher sweets
Phillies.

I wish.

A couple CAOs, a couple Olivas and a Rocky Patel. Nothing too fancy, but a solid $50 worth of smokes.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, propylene glycol is much less toxic than ethylene glycol (found in antifreeze).

Google it.

But why on earth would you smoke them...wouldn't they taste nasty anyway?

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have been pitched... I decided that it wasn't worth the bad taste and possible nausea, headache and cancer (wait, what? nevermind) that the propylene glycol could cause.

OldEndicottHiway said:
Because I attempt to be a cheap bastard. I fail lots though.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,919 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Google it.

propylene glycol or not......BTW FWIW, propylene glycol is the second ingredient listed on the bottle of imitation vanilla extract in the cabinet....so it's edible.....sorry about your cigars.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
It isn't supposed to be harmful. It is the antifreeze that is recommended for solar water heating loops in case there is a leak. The other use is for peeps who don't want their pets to drink it and die from radiator flushing/ leaking etc. But yeah, good throwout, probably wouldn't taste so good. That sucks, Patels are nice, to a like minded cheap ass such as myself.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
this reminds me I have a Romeo y Julieta, H Upman and Cohiba in my little seegar box.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
You'll shoot your eye out.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
why on earth would you smoke them...wouldn't they taste nasty anyway?
But they taste nasty anyway, so how could anyone tell? It's always been interesting to me how people who smoke--especially cigars--forget how nauseating it was in the beginning (and still is to anyone within noseshot). Pretty soon they're bandying about terms like "taste" and "fine cigar," as though they made sense, and then they vote Republican and, oh, it's just an ugly spectacle from there to the bottom.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
Cory said:
But they taste nasty anyway, so how could anyone tell? It's always been interesting to me how people who smoke--especially cigars--forget how nauseating it was in the beginning (and still is to anyone within noseshot). Pretty soon they're bandying about terms like "taste" and "fine cigar," as though they made sense, and then they vote Republican and, oh, it's just an ugly spectacle from there to the bottom.
this post should be in PO! only republicans smoke cigars!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts