Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting the early April, some friends and I are going to organize a monthly Sunday morning century ride. Nothing too organized (read: no sags) other than starting point and maps. We will strive to leave no-one behind. We might break up into groups depending upon our number of riders. More than likely, the ride will start in N'thn KY REAL early like 6 or 7am. Personally, I like to get home by 12 or 1pm to keep the wifey happy.

If you are interested in joining us - helping us map a route - leading one of the rides - supplying donuts- being a sag (with donuts!) - or just joining us when you are in town, type a post with your email and I'll get back to you.

I have only 30 miles year to date - I plan on exceeding that by over 100% tomorrow morning - and I'm on vacation (in Hawaii !!!) the 2nd week of March, so that's the reason we're shooting for early April start time.

I normally do a solo 70+ miler every Sunday, so I figured adding another 30 in a group is no big deal.

Join us. Paul

·
Becasue you only need 1
31 Posts
I might be in for one now and then.

while I could not imagine doing a century every month, drop me a line - one or two would be more my speed.

Do you post the ride on any local ride sites - cincinaticylceclub.org, etc.

·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Century a month plan

Any ride should be posted on the CCC ride board. The end of last summer, I started leading an early Sunday AM 75-80 mile ride. In fact, I think it's still posted on the ride board as "Tour of KY" or something like that. Over the winter, I've had discussions with the KY Cluster leader about organized rides. I threw out the idea of a monthly century and he (I can't remember his name) was thrilled with the idea. He said he had a 1/2 dozen guys who would love to do it. I don't know if the times will work - I like to ride at dawn's early light so I can get home to be with the family.

Keep checking the CCC board. More than likely the rides will start in KY since we all live south of the border. Will it be monthly?? Probably not. I can't imagine being organized well enough to do that. You are more than welcome to join us anytime you'd like - no one gets left behind (particularly in the KY hinterlands!).

Feel free to shoot me an email - I'll put you in my 'ride' file. [email protected]

·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Monthly century update

OK, we are going to try to do a monthly century ride starting the last Sunday in May. Go to the ccc webpage (http://www.cincinnaticycleclub.org/) under "ride schedules". Listed is my every Sunday (except May 9th) 75 miler plus under "special" rides is the EOM century.

Like the description says: bring money, water, food, and your climbing legs. This is an unsagged ride. Actually, we hope to have at least one sag wagon but nothing is definite. For more info, email me from the CCC webpage. Now I'm off to Big Bone Lick Park for a little bit of hill work. You know Big Bone Lick Park, it's right outside of the town of Beaver Lick, KY near Sugar Tit. I'm not kidding. Really.

·
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This Sunday the 23rd

PaulCL said:
OK, we are going to try to do a monthly century ride starting the last Sunday in May. Go to the ccc webpage (http://www.cincinnaticycleclub.org/) under "ride schedules". Listed is my every Sunday (except May 9th) 75 miler plus under "special" rides is the EOM century.

Like the description says: bring money, water, food, and your climbing legs. This is an unsagged ride. Actually, we hope to have at least one sag wagon but nothing is definite. For more info, email me from the CCC webpage. Now I'm off to Big Bone Lick Park for a little bit of hill work. You know Big Bone Lick Park, it's right outside of the town of Beaver Lick, KY near Sugar Tit. I'm not kidding. Really.
If you are interested in a century this Sunday:

We meet at the Crestview Hills Panera bread. Park in between Panera and the mall. Start time is 7am...OK...maybe 7:10 since Panera isn't open 'til 7am. We will ride out past Big Bone, to Rabbit Hash, to Petersburg, toward the airport, down to rte 8, to Devou Park then back to Panera. Pace will vary depending upon which group you join. Everyone is welcome. No-one left behind. Check the webpage above for my email and phone number if you have any questions. ***you do NOT have to be a CCC member to join this ride***

1 - 5 of 5 Posts