Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us from work did the Tour de Cure (diabetes fundraiser) this past weekend. It was actually held in Kentucky, just downriver from the Queen City.

Four of the six of us went for the century distance. It was the first century attempt for the other three riders. One of them got severe cramps and had to be SAG'd for a while.I had not done a century in a few years, mostly metrics and stuff recently.

The ride was pretty hard, with about 6,000 feet of climbing. I guess that makes 6,000 feet of decending too, but it really did not seem that equal...... All in all, I was happy to have the triple with a nice 1:1 granny gear. The three of us who did the whole 102.8 were pretty happy with ourselves!

Lots of hound dogs to chase us, no pictures of them, sorry. Some interesting roadkill: racoon, opossum, some kind of weasel/feret.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they had first class stuff at the rest stops.....

Full size PayDay, Snickers, PB&J, bottles of Gatorade and water, all kinds of homemade goodies.

Also had a cookout and live band at the finish area. That was a nice ending to a great day.

We did not go hungry, that's for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.