Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after looking at Cinelli.it , I'm now interested in certain Cinelli frames, particularly the Aliante and XLR8R. Problem is, is that no one around seems to carry them. GVHbikes.com only has the steel Corsa frames in stock and it looks to be that they've stopped restocking the carbon/aluminum frames that I'm interested in.

And it looks like Cinelli's presence in the US is minimal at best, at least in regards to their frames/bikes. Everyone stocks their bartape, but no one carries their bikes. Is there a particular reason for this or is it merely bad marketing and brand placement?

Holla.

·
Defender of Freedom...
611 Posts
GVHbikes.com

Doctor Who said:
So after looking at Cinelli.it , I'm now interested in certain Cinelli frames, particularly the Aliante and XLR8R. Problem is, is that no one around seems to carry them. GVHbikes.com only has the steel Corsa frames in stock and it looks to be that they've stopped restocking the carbon/aluminum frames that I'm interested in.

And it looks like Cinelli's presence in the US is minimal at best, at least in regards to their frames/bikes. Everyone stocks their bartape, but no one carries their bikes. Is there a particular reason for this or is it merely bad marketing and brand placement?

Holla.
They have a great selection

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
I haven't seen any Cinelli frames anywhere but GVH in a long time. I think I heard there's a bike shop in Chicago that can get them, but that's literally all I know, which I believe is less than you need.

If you were interested in a flat black '04 Proxima (large), I could help you, though you'd have to buy the 9-speed Ultegra that's on it too.

But the Proxima is a less-flashy/pricey frame than what you're looking at, I think.

·
Lexicon Devil
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, shoot some information on that Proxima to me at [email protected] . Some pictures would be nice.

I think the XLR8R is a bit out of my reach, in terms of budget and needs. I want a road/crit racer that isn't going to dent my pocket that much, as I don't have a ton of bread to drop on a bike. I've been looking at Felts, and I can get a great deal on a Felt through my team, but I'm always keeping my options open.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
http://www.ital-tecno.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=78 ital-tecno might have a few, but they don't list the proxima. http://www.parker-international.co....tegoryID/67/GroupID/6/CatName/Cycle Frames/v/ parker international have a few listed but they are not in the us, so international shipping. http://www.bullteksports.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BS&Category_Code=Cinelli bulltek sports. just google cinelli frames for all the options. i just bought a supercorsa from GVH this past week, it's at the LBS being built this week, gorgeous red. lots of luck......

·
Registered
599 Posts
Doctor Who said:
J&B ,the former US Cinelli frameset distributor never seemed to know what to do with roadbikes and dropped the line this past fall.
I'm not sure exactly what the new distribution arrangement will look like but Ital-Techno mentioned their intent to continue carrying several models of Cinelli road frames.
I was informed that a shipment of new framesets could arrive as early as the end of the month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts