Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought you might enjoy a photo or two and some thoughts about my new Cinelli Pro Estrada...
View attachment 134969
View attachment 134970
A few specs....

Frame: Cinelli Pro Estrada w/Tusk fork - team color
Size: Medium (Semi sloping/compact 54.5TT, 51C-T Seat, 73/73.5deg, 150mm head)
Brifters: Chorus 10spd
Rear D: Chorus 10spd
Front D: Record std/compact braze w/Cinelli band
Brakes: Chorus (Record skeleton would look nice though)
Crankset: Truvantiv Carbon 172.5 Compact
Seatpin: 3T Doric LTD (light and sweet let me tell you)
Seat: Selle Italia SLR
Stem: Zipp 145, 110mm (Zipps customer service ROCKS - buy Zipp)
Bars: Zipp 42c-c
Wheelset: American Classic 420
Headset: Integrated Columbus
Chain: Chorus C10 w/3rd party link
25mm headset spacer, bonti cages, fizik tape, Ultremo tires

I am 175cm (5.9 for you imperialists), average torso/arms/feet43/inseam etc...

Ride.....
Stiff at BB, sprints fast, comfortable ride - equal in comfort to my Serotta Ti, nippy handling, well aligned and rides straight because, confident at declines, nice weight for the climbs.

Favs...
Zipp bars and stem are the best I have seen or used. Well worth the premium for Zipp's support during and after sale. 3T Doric Post is so nice. Chorus is such value v. record. Fizik tape is so nice - better than cork. Paint is perfect. Like the traditional round tubes for a change.

Hmmm.....
Could say 'Cinelli' just a few more times on the frame so everyone knows the brand. Headset should be hidden. 420 brake surface is narrow - but works so can't say much bad.

All round a great value and super ride.

'Molti Grazie' to Roberto of Cicli Ferca for setting me up!

Very happy...

Coldie.

· Registered
2,838 Posts
coldass said:
Zipp bars and stem are the best I have seen or used. Well worth the premium for Zipp's support during and after sale.
Nice bike, but you shouldn't really need any "support" from a company to buy a bar and stem if the product is good. They are pretty basic parts. Purchase, tighten some bolts, and they should last for years with no problems.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lampshade said:
Nice bike, but you shouldn't really need any "support" from a company to buy a bar and stem if the product is good. They are pretty basic parts. Purchase, tighten some bolts, and they should last for years with no problems.
Your right for sure in most ways. But when something does go wrong it is the customer service that defines a business and value.

I did have a problem with my Zipp stem, but, they took very very good (and fast) care of me, and, it is possible the problem was my doing - but Zipp helped me - no questions asked. This is also extended to pre-sale where Zipp (in this case via their channel) were happy to swap stems/bars while I got the size right. Stem and bar sizes does have a key effect on bike fit - even though I suspect most people just ride what they get given.

I will say this though. Their products (Zipp) are on the limit as they are performance parts, not touring parts hey. I lust over some Zipp wheels......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.