Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did work to both bikes recently.

Random pics I shot today

Shimano Flightdeck SC-6502 computer. Storage for 4 bikes, gear indicator, cadence, max speed, gear tooth indicator, this thing does everything but pedal the bike for you.

Dura-Ace 9-speed 23-11 rear cluster. BIG difference between this and the Ultegra setup I had. LOVE it.

76' Schwinn Superior project has been coming along nicely.

Stepped down to a 6-speed rear cluster. 19-18-17-16-14-13.

Uses a Maillard 700 Compact freewheel

I've buried this twice already, and it's only off by a couple mile/hr.

New Panaracer 27" x 1 TG kevlar-belted tires, dice valve caps

Also trued both wheels myself, which is a first.

NOS Weinmann brake pads, these were factory spec on the Superior

And I saw this today

I'm crank-shopping on the Ciocc right now, I'm starting to lean toward the Dura-Ace. I've heard some things about the carbon cranks. I don't know yet.

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually I remember you saying something about that when I posted the Flightdeck install.

I'm not sure what shifter setup you have but I have Ultegra 6510's and I can see how you might be able to turn it off somehow if it is possible from the brake hoods to do so. I caught myself on a climb out of the saddle with my thumbs pretty close to the buttons.

I know it has an auto-off feature on it. The only thing I can think of that would cause it to shut off in the middle of a ride is a low battery or moisture inside of the unit. Does it do it when you ride in the drops?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.