Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
warrrrrrrgh!!!
4,354 Posts
Will he lose his MSR win, then?
Yeah and then Freddy Rodriguez will be the winner!!! Oh but wait, he rode for Maipei, now we have to suspect him! Ok, what about Zberg? Can a man buy a vowel? Nope, Rabobank. Plankaert? Yeah, he can spare a couple of vowels, but he rode for Cofidis. Freire? Maipei.

eh...I'm new here. How does this work? Am I doing it right?

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
Yeah and then Freddy Rodriguez will be the winner!!! Oh but wait, he rode for Maipei, now we have to suspect him! Ok, what about Zberg? Can a man buy a vowel? Nope, Rabobank. Plankaert? Yeah, he can spare a couple of vowels, but he rode for Cofidis. Freire? Maipei.

eh...I'm new here. How does this work? Am I doing it right?
:lol:

Your poast would be funnier if it weren't so true!

Sad, isn't it?!

·
warrrrrrrgh!!!
4,354 Posts
:lol:

Your poast would be funnier if it weren't so true!

Sad, isn't it?!
Is it sad? It was still a great season.

One of my favorite Cipo wins is his 2002 GW win, that was awesome. Can you imagine making the final selection a few km from the finish, and all of a sudden Cipo is there with you? "Um...WTF..."

·
Anphaque II
6,176 Posts
Is it sad? It was still a great season.

One of my favorite Cipo wins is his 2002 GW win, that was awesome. Can you imagine making the final selection a few km from the finish, and all of a sudden Cipo is there with you? "Um...WTF..."

With all the dopers that were lined up behind Cipo during his MSR and WC wins.

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
If EPO was all he did, I would be shocked. I loved watching Super Mario but wasn't shallow enough not to think he would win at all cost, even back then. Abdujaparov was the only one doing more and getting caught back then.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cipollini has the least suspicious set of palmares of the whole EPO era. None of those wins required an especially high hematocrit (except maybe '02 GW and MSR) and he was notorious for hopping in the team car the moment the race got hard.

Am I surprised Cipo was juiced up? Of course not. In the 90s everyone (especially in Italy) was doing EPO so why wouldn't the Lion King?

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
This thread is too funny!

Anyway, is anybody surprised by these revelations anymore?

Cipo is still the man...among all the other dopers!

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
Cipollini might be the only cyclist ever where no one genuinely cares if he doped.
Agreed! He was a showman.

·
Where's that GPS?
3,117 Posts
I knew his hair was too good to be true.
Too funny Spade!

Wonder, does human growth hormone give you great hair? If so, I want some!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.