1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
POWERCRANK addict
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Ever been anywhere in the Netherlands? Unfortunately the roads have no shoulders, no one except crazy people wear helmets, but other than that, it is bicycling paradise if you believe in biking as transportation.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
been there? as a matter of fact i live there ;) far from a bike paradise. bike paths are a PIA thanks to slow idiots on bikes and fast idiots on scooters.

as far as the roads having no shoulders, i'm not sure what roads you mean? plenty of roads have shoulders, they're called bike paths :D

filtersweep said:
Ever been anywhere in the Netherlands? Unfortunately the roads have no shoulders, no one except crazy people wear helmets, but other than that, it is bicycling paradise if you believe in biking as transportation.

·
Clyde-o-Matic
713 Posts
After several visits to Copenhagen, my friend aptly coined the phrase - "Super models on bikes." In all seriousness, great people and a great country for cycling.

·
Soul Mining
382 Posts
filtersweep said:

Reminds me of my time in the UK. While I miss living in England, I also recall those narrow, congested roads with cars parked on either side. I recall riding double file in a group of 16 and cruising through those urban streets with traffic passing in both directions. We held up a lot of traffic on those early Saturday morning rides.

Even better, I recall my rides in the suburban and rural areas, where the roads were narrow, had no shoulder and the traffic whizzed by at 40mph or more. What fun were those country lanes, barely wide enough for a single car, lined with stone walls and vines on each side. A joy to ride when the traffic is quiet, but hell on wheels should you happen across an enthusiastic road racer in a Rover.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts