1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Old derailers work just fine, and they're clamp on:thumbsup:

·
I live near Igloo's
124 Posts
I tried 1x9 setup.... If you drop your chain you're effed! no amount of pedaling will bring it back on.
I went back to 2x9 and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive worked out how to make my own clamp on MRP using an N-gear jump stop and a G2/1.x upper guide, gonna order the bits tomorrow....

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,381 Posts
Running an MRP on my 1x9 race mountainbike and 1x9 salsa chainguard with an Ngear jump stop on my Cyclocross bike and I like the set up on the cross bike way better. Had a fricken rock jam in my MRP guide and derail my chain. Had to remove the guide just to put the chain back on. It also gets a little wonky when you back pedal. Personally feel there is room for improvement on the MRP and e13 guides.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fair point, but rocks are more than likely not going to be an issue in UK 'cross races. still think this type of guide is a better otion of a stop and a gaurd.......

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found out the clamp on MRP is in production, should be about a month! now to pick what size ring to go with a 11-28 cassette? 38 or a 40 i think, what size do most Single ring riders use?

·
LA CHEVRE
2,475 Posts
I was thinking a 42T with a 11-28 cassette personally... I may stick with a 2x10 as I use my cross bike for some dirt road training rides though.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have the clamp on paul's chain keeper, not the bottom bracket one, on my cross bike. It is a pain to setup just right but once you get it adjusted just right it works great. I am really picky about noises so I was a little anal about getting set up.

My wife's Cross bike has a Salsa Crossing guard and a jump stop and that also works well and is a lot easier to setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts