·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
TL;DL.

I don't follow sports too much. Am I correct to assume he got hurt, out for the season, and now waxing poetic about how much he loves the game? Is he retiring or coming back next year?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
TL;DL.

I don't follow sports too much. Am I correct to assume he got hurt, out for the season, and now waxing poetic about how much he loves the game? Is he retiring or coming back next year?
If you want, you can skim the transcript more quickly than you could listen to the speech.
Full transcript of Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo's statement - Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPN
But you pretty much guessed the gist of it. He didn't seem to say whether he expects to come back.
I don't follow sports much, either, and football least of all.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
I haven't heard/read his statement yet but, unlike the others posting, I do follow football and basically, Romo was injured (compression fracture in his back), rookie Dak Prescott stepped in and has been doing a great job. The decision was made to keep playing Prescott and relegate Romo to backup. Romo isn't being a whiney little beach about it.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Romo isn't being a whiney little beach about it.
If an injury prevents someone from being able to do their job, and the replacement is performing admirably, what other choice would anyone involved make? I can't imagine what anyone would whine about in that position. Seems like Romo is behaving just like an adult professional anything should be expected to behave.

I am surprised he's being kept on as a back up with such an injury.

·
What the what???
12,922 Posts
I haven't heard/read his statement yet but, unlike the others posting, I do follow football and basically, Romo was injured (compression fracture in his back), rookie Dak Prescott stepped in and has been doing a great job. The decision was made to keep playing Prescott and relegate Romo to backup. Romo isn't being a whiney little beach about it.
I'm sure the multi-million dollar salary helps... :)

·
Weed
1,037 Posts
If an injury prevents someone from being able to do their job, and the replacement is performing admirably, what other choice would anyone involved make? I can't imagine what anyone would whine about in that position. Seems like Romo is behaving just like an adult professional anything should be expected to behave.

I am surprised he's being kept on as a back up with such an injury.
Might as well keep him as backup, they have to pay him anyway.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Might as well keep him as backup, they have to pay him anyway.
Football players get golden parachutes too?

Man, studying hard, keeping my grades up, and getting a job in one of the STEM fields didn't really pay off that well for me.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Romo is a pretty good QB and when he suffered an injury a year or two ago, the Cowboys went into a tailspin. There have been many situations where the main guy has been hurt, the back up or rookie does a good job and the main guy goes back to starting when he's healed up. Manning in for Osweiler at end of last season comes to mind. It wouldn't have been unusual, even though not so smart, for Dallas to put him back as starter. I like that he made his position unambiguous, acted in the best interest of the team, and probably helped his case for getting a job elsewhere should it come to that.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
If I was him, I would take the money and run, but that is me. Class? maybe not, but better than spending the rest of your life in a wheelchair or on oxycodine.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Was a professional attitude from Romo with that statement.....Just a gut feeling; He will be behind center before the season is over.

·
Satanic Watch Winder
4,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was a professional attitude from Romo with that statement.....Just a gut feeling; He will be behind center before the season is over.
Have you seen Dak Prescott play?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.