Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to hijack the atari 2600 thread (which was what got me thinking about this).

Nearly all the arcade games out now are so complex with tons of buttons and move-combinations,etc. I like the older simpler games(same with bikes).

Here's some of my favorites.

1. Galaga (my all time favorite)
2. Tron
3. Track and field (that was always a blast running as you are pounding on the console)
4. Elevator Action
5. Konami Super Basketball.
6. Centipede/Millipede

care to add to the list?

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
I'm afraid I'm still stuck in the pinball age. Pong was kinda cool...

·
goodbye fraudriguez
371 Posts
Donkey Kong!

Donkey Kong and Galaga. I'm sure I wasted nearly a thousand dollars and hours of time on those two games. But all that hand eye coordination has sure come in handy.:D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Space Invaders

I could play the same game for hours on end....once the aliens started each new screen at the lowest point, it was just a matter of getting into the same rhythm and rolling up the score.

Also, 1 on 1, Dr. J vs. Larry Bird. The best part was if you dunked the ball the right way you'd break the backboard, then an angry little janitor would come out and sweep it up.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
I didn't want to hijack the atari 2600 thread (which was what got me thinking about this).

Nearly all the arcade games out now are so complex with tons of buttons and move-combinations,etc. I like the older simpler games(same with bikes).

Here's some of my favorites.

1. Galaga (my all time favorite)
2. Tron
3. Track and field (that was always a blast running as you are pounding on the console)
4. Elevator Action
5. Konami Super Basketball.
6. Centipede/Millipede

care to add to the list?

Defender and Missile Command.....those were pretty good......I have Asteroids in my widgets here at work....

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
I remember when Space Invaders invaded the bars. "I just blew 50 bucks in that [email protected] thing". I'd hear that and think are you crazy or what? My buds and myself could play pinball all day on a quarter. Of course eventually players like Jayhawk just ran up the electric bill like we did on the pinball. The sad part was Space Invaders made owners aware of how much people were willing to part with, hence the increases in cost for pinball and coin-op pool tables. Every now and then I'll play a game of Asteroids on my computer. Now there is some real fine graphics!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
svend said:
Defender and Missile Command.....those were pretty good......I have Asteroids in my widgets here at work....
me too.

asteroids, space invaders, missile command, galaga, defender,...

and what was that green line-art tank game?

edit: not to re-hijack the topic, but i still have my 2600, two joysticks, power cord, and six or more games. in good shape. :)

·
Gronk SMASH!
1,973 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
me too.

asteroids, space invaders, missile command, galaga, defender,...

and what was that green line-art tank game?

edit: not to re-hijack the topic, but i still have my 2600, two joysticks, power cord, and six or more games. in good shape. :)
Battlezone

Skeered me, though, when they came up behind.

I loved the Star Wars vector-graphic game.

Anyone remember the laser-disc (like Dragon's Lair) game called Cliffhanger, where you played a master thief? Hella fun

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
Here I was thinkin I was the only one that played Galaga!

Joust was another fun one for me.

Ditto with that game that you spun around in a circle and shot the things that came up at you. Forget the name.

Later on the Star Wars game was fun.

Any more, I don't see spending $1/game on the new breed of games. I miss the old $.25 stuff!

Pinball's always good.

M

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
MShaw said:
Joust was another fun one for me.

Ditto with that game that you spun around in a circle and shot the things that came up at you. Forget the name.

M
forgot about Joust, always played that one...

I've been trying to think of the name of that game, always good for a bout of high blood pressure....liked that one alot too

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
hmmm Missile Command

Defender and my all time fave Qix. How's that for an oddball choice?
was a Pinball Guy as well.
for Older School Tele - Blades of Steel

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
The only game I was ever good at was Tempest. Someone discovered a "feature" where if you got up to a certain level and lost all your men, then did something I can't remember, you could get 40 free credits! We would play that game for hours on one quarter.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
mohair_chair said:
The only game I was ever good at was Tempest. Someone discovered a "feature" where if you got up to a certain level and lost all your men, then did something I can't remember, you could get 40 free credits! We would play that game for hours on one quarter.
Bingo! Tempest is name I couldn't remember, my gf in high school could always kick my as$ on that game, pissed me off to no end......

·
Registered
598 Posts
I think I wasted most of my money on Return of the Jedi (when I was by myself) and on the original Gauntlet (when I was with friends). Anyone remember that Mach 3 jet game? I always enjoyed it and thought it was sooooo cool. Of course, it pales in comparion to what's out there now. Oh, yeah, Zaxxon was awesome too. Haven't been able to find that for PS, which stinks, because that was a great game.

·
i don't know
322 Posts
Not sure what classifies as "Classic" these days, but for my first system I had Intelivision! Some of the best games for it...

Pitfall
Triple Action ( tanks, bi-planes, car racing )
Astrosmash
Donkey Kong

Nowadays, I think of Mario Cart for Super NES being almost classic.... Now that was a game!

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
atpjunkie said:
Defender and my all time fave Qix. How's that for an oddball choice?
was a Pinball Guy as well.
for Older School Tele - Blades of Steel
yew guys are all dorks. don't make Teh J's break out my AD&D books!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts