Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
9,790 Posts
I have some of those. I have a couple of the rear wheels by themselves, too. I got a smoking deal on them.

I've always loved the Sun M13II rim; especially polished.

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,505 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Sun M13II low profile polished rims laced to Formula/Origin 8 hubs..

$145 shipped from eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140350682888&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

bullet proof hubs and polished high quality rims...I'm putting these on my black 3Rensho..I'm swapping out the axles with silver 8mm axles for the 110 rear spacing but the Formula hubs make it a breeze..

Great bargain...
nice, I'm running M13II rims on Formula hubs on my fixie. Love the look!

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
9,790 Posts
PlasticMotif said:
Those are good looking hubs.
How many do you want? They're cheap... :p

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
I am building up a new bike. If you're selling them I'll pick em up over the open pro/cxp22 I was thinking of getting.

If you're selling some, I'll buy a set when I get back from Peru.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I have those wheels on both my Fuso fixed conversion and my Raleigh Super Course commuter. Thousands of trouble free miles. Great "old school" look and substantially lighter than the same hub with a Deep V or a B43.

·
9,790 Posts
FatTireFred said:
careful there, you might get hoo'ed...
That's why it's funny...

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Here's mine!

Couldn't be happier than with a Formula hub/Sun M 13II combo.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
Finished........
Nice. I might get some for my Madison. More and more that bike is going old school.
I will probably go with toe clips as well and ditch clipless.

·
Militant commuter
881 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I love the M13II rims...with all the Deep V and B43 wheelsets sold, it's nice that there an alternative for those wanting a classic looking wheelset

If anyone has an 8mm 110 spaced track frame, this conversion kit is great..It's very easy to swap the axles on formula hubs...

http://www.tracksupermarket.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=93&products_id=601

It comes with chrome front and rear axles.
Oh, I'm glad you posted about this conversion kit...because I was going to ask about it!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Finally got them (1.5 week delivery time). What is the best way to remove that sticker opposite of the "Sun" sticker? (the one with the bar code). I used some WD40 and fingernail, but residue was still there. So got a scotch green pad and scrubbed a little. End result was a "de-shined" rim. :(

·
9,790 Posts
palu said:
Finally got them (1.5 week delivery time). What is the best way to remove that sticker opposite of the "Sun" sticker? (the one with the bar code). I used some WD40 and fingernail, but residue was still there. So got a scotch green pad and scrubbed a little. End result was a "de-shined" rim. :(

That wasn't the brightest thing you could have done....

Car brake cleaner.
Goo Gone.
White Lightning "Clean Streak" (same thing as Brake cleaner, basically)

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
sticker residue/goo comes off w/ wd40 (might need to follow w/ alcohol or windex to get off the wd40 residue tho)... d'oh. maybe simichrome will add back some shine?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yeah, not thing "brightest" thing, but it's not too bad. Just one little spot. Thanks for the suggestions. I will try that on the other wheel.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts