Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have this weird hobby of checking out bike shops when I am traveling and collecting local shop and cycling club jerseys. So what are everyone's favorite local must visit bike shops?

You know the shops with cool jerseys? Maybe host good local rides in cool places?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Classic?

Not sure Cycleloft in Burlington, MA is a "classic" shop, but it sure is a good one. Any wrenching that I can't do gets done by Anthony there. It's a great store with a great service shop.

And they sponsor NEBC too....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
As far as selection and just looking at bikes goes, ATA in Concord MA is tops.
Time, Look, Willier, Storck, BH, DeRosa, Kuota, Colnago and so one. It's as high end as high end gets. It's a must visit from a browsing perspective but not from a buying perspective unless you're loaded.

Quad Cycle in Arlington has a good ride and there jersey is decent IMO. Wouldn't consider the shop a must visit but it is decent.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Wheelworks in Belmont and Somerville has become a huge enterprise, particularly when I think about what the stores were like 25 years ago.

While small, Harris is my LBS of choice. I miss being able to chat with Sheldon when I go there.
:-(

·
Registered
679 Posts
Two coolest shops I've been to in new england. NBX bikes in RI. The owner matt is awesome. Super friendly and runs a couple local training series. The other one is the spoke in north adams mass. I don't live in that are but I ride out there often and those guys have gone outta there way for me on several occasions. A+ shop. I think any lbs with a couch has the right idea lol.

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
I stopped into this place on Cape Cod and got one of these for my father's day present.
https://www.cornercycle.com/
It's a deeper blue than the photo suggests.

This isn't NE but if you ever find yourself out there....On the other coast I like to stop in at Hollands on Coronado Island (San Diego)
https://hollandsbicycles.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts