Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, i broke my clavicle and now i have plate on it, and i want to ask if anyone knows, is it possible to break the plate after one week and how does it feel to break??

·
Banned Sock Puppet
15,141 Posts
Hello, welcome and sorry to hear about your injury. I don't have any first hand experience with this, but my guess is you would know if you broke that plate. Was there a particular incident that led you to believe you broke the plate?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Unlikely that you broke the plate, but it may have become dislodged. Go see your doctor. He/she is probably better qualified to answer your question than all of the collective wisdom on RBR.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Broken bones usually take a month to set, yes a plate with screws are faster, but one has to reduce stress for a while.

·
Schuylkill Trail Bum
5,177 Posts
Unlikely that you broke the plate, but it may have become dislodged. Go see your doctor. He/she is probably better qualified to answer your question than all of the collective wisdom on RBR.
We are, however, highly qualified to pontificate on brakes, frame materials, components, gearing, tires, and chain lube, among other things.

👍

·
Registered
21,689 Posts
Hello guys, i broke my clavicle and now i have plate on it, and i want to ask if anyone knows, is it possible to break the plate after one week and how does it feel to break??
Is this just a theoretical question or did you receive an impact that makes you think you broke the plate. If the former, sure but it would take a fair hit. If the latter, get yourself to the doctor ASAP.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Titanium plates are faster than steel ones.
It’s only faster if it’s red.

What Princeton Tiger said, exactly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned Sock Puppet
15,141 Posts
Seriously? You're asking here instead of checking with your doctor? o_O
Doctors charge $$$. Our advice is free......and there is a good reason for that.

·
Registered
21,673 Posts
is it possible to break the plate after one week and how does it feel to break??
I doubt you could break a SS or Titanium plate ever. Maybe if you crash into a wall at 60mph.

Can you pull the screws out of the newly healing bone? Can you separate the break and mess up the healing process? Absolutely.

I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize the healing process one week in.

But I'm just a highly underpaid interwebs Dr.

·
Registered
958 Posts
No chance you broke the plate. None.

Could be you pulled screws out. That would be bad. YOu would likely feel things moving that shouldn't be.

GO SEE YOUR DAMNED DOCTOR!

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
He has only posted once, so .....
...and he hasn't been back cause he can't type cause he can't lift his arm to the keyboard.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
He has only posted once, so .....
...and he hasn't been back cause he can't type cause he can't lift his arm to the keyboard.
Haha! Well, if he detached the hardware he’s in the hospital following a second, much more nasty surgery under heavy doses of dilaudid. The only thing worse than having artificial bits put in your body is having them fail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,097 Posts
Haha! Well, if he detached the hardware he’s in the hospital following a second, much more nasty surgery under heavy doses of dilaudid.
did someone say 'dilaudid'...?

was just in the hospital for a cycling-related spinal injury...def the drug of choice for pain-management!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts