Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I need some help from those who know and ride colnago bikes. My wife and I are shopping for a bike for her and we came upon the Colnago CLD, which is a women's frame and after fitting, this bike is almost a great fit for her.

I was looking at the ultegra version. But it seems that they "cheap out" on the crankset, and casette and use their own brakes, so it seems that the "ultegra" version of this bike is not full ultegra set, but shifters and rear derailleur. It is definitely costly to those that are in groupset wise. I was wondering (please don't hate since I have little knowledge of colnago) if the bike is worth it compared to other big name (e.g. cannondale, specialized, giant...) for the money.

Any advise or recommendations would be helpful!

Here are the specs:

LD ULTEGRA
FrameCOLNAGO CLD
ForkCOLNAGO CLD
Chain WheelSHIMANO FC-R565 50X34T
Front DerailleurSHIMANO 105
Rear DerailleurSHIMANO ULTEGRA
Derailleur Lever SetSHIMANO ULTEGRA
GearSHIMANO 105 10S 12-25T
Wheel SetSHIMANO WH-RS20A
TiresCONTINENTAL ULTRA SPORT 700x23C
BrakesCOLNAGO X-BRAKE 1
Handle BarDEDA RHM01
Handle Bar StemDEDA ZERO ONE
SaddleSELLE ITALIA LADY FLOW
Seat PostCOLNAGO CLD
Head SetFSA NO.63/51 28.6-49.6-33 H=20.9
Seat ClampCOLNAGO CLD

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
</tbody>

·
Registered
857 Posts
I had a black and pink one for sale once. It was a hard sale. You basically have a CLX with a slightly shorter top tube, cheap crank, brake calipers as you pointed out...

No, I would not buy it at retail.

Consider a nicer spec Specialized Dolce at that price point. I have yet to find a woman that did not like how that bike handled though my wife rides a BMC SL01 for various reasons.

If the CLD were truly a full Ultegra bike it would be a better buy, but that bike seems more for the Colnago enthusiast if you know what I mean.

Bikes still for sale I bet. I'm no longer with the company but would bet my C59 on it.

Shop around some more and see if you can get a decent test ride or three. If she's still into the CLD and you're comfortable with the price point then go for it. You can always upgrade a crank and calipers later and if you're seriously considering the ride, these items shouldn't be a huge concern.

CLX is a nice ride, I'm sure the CLD is equally as nice.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.