Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen the Clean Bottle guy running around the Tour de France? He is a riot, looks like he's about to tip over onto the peleton as they ride by but he always manages to stay just out of the way. What a brilliant idea, I hear his sales have increased per day what he was selling in a month.

I want my Clean Bottle!

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
Yup. He's not nearly as funny as the guy in the yellow body suit that says "Armstrong" on one side and the number 8 on the back.

Clean bottles. No thanks @ close to $10 a piece and only one color I'll keep my current bottles.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
I have no idea what people are doing to their bottles that a little soap and a scrub brush / or just a run thru the dishwasher, can't clean.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great idea- Clean Bottle - but for my money, I'm going to go to France and get all the bottles left on the side of the road by the peloton. Liggett said that they used 40,000 bottles on the tour. I figure if I get 1% then I'm good for life!

·
Honey Smack!
7,966 Posts
Creakyknees said:
I have no idea what people are doing to their bottles that a little soap and a scrub brush / or just a run thru the dishwasher, can't clean.
leaving em in the garage, shed, still on the bike...etc for 2 months and wondering why their Accelerade residue grew new lifeforms.

·
"El Bwana"
4,399 Posts
blackhat said:
what do you pay for your current bottles? $10/ea isn't exactly off the charts.
When they're not "free" from races - about $3.95.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dutch77 said:
Great, two places the bottle can leak from now...

That's exactly what I was thinking.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it leaked it wouldn't be Clean. It obviously says Clean Bottle, so it won't leak.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
brandtw said:
Great idea- Clean Bottle - but for my money, I'm going to go to France and get all the bottles left on the side of the road by the peloton. Liggett said that they used 40,000 bottles on the tour. I figure if I get 1% then I'm good for life!
I was thinking exactly the same thing. Ok, when do we leave???

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
blackhat said:

Yup, yup...Camelback Podium Chill bottle $11. Works great, though....always open, always closed ! :D

People are funny....one might pay $3500 for a bike, but paying $10 for a bottle? No way, heh, Personally, I buy nice toys, electronics, etc., but very often will buy house-brand at the grocery store to save $0.15 :blush2:

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Word.
Besides, isn't the real problem the valve, not the bottom of the bottle??

That said, I do get a kick out of watching "Dave" (accdg to P'n'P) bobbing and tipping alongside the peloton...

·
Use my Apps :)
959 Posts
blackhat said:
Five bucks tops.

I agree $10 isn't a huge sum of money but I just don't see the value there at twice as much. I'll give then credit for a good marketing idea but, to me, it's a bit of a solution looking for a problem. My bottles clean up pretty easily as is.

·
SF
257 Posts
i got one of these bottles and i must say it was a horrible experience. so frustrating. it totally leaked out of both ends! it went right in the recycling bin! camelback podiums are worth the $ and are BY FAR the best choice out there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My cousin lives in France... He just sent me 15 bottles he picked up on the Tour the France! He washed them with a little bleach and ran them in the dishwasher and sent them to me. They look brand new!!!! I got a team Radio Shack, Astana, Hammer Nutrition E., Saxo Bank, Lampre to name a few!! He also sent me a pockerdot bag that they use to give the racers lunch and a radioshack lunch bag.

·
A wheelist
11,322 Posts
The bottle guy was funny and cool to see but unless you leave energy drinks laying in the bottom for two weeks these fancy bottles are a solution looking for a problem. The dishwasher has taken good care of my $3.95 bottles for decades.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I didn't even think about the fact that no one picks those up. I figured that some errand boy for the team went and picked them up. I need to get my hands on some of those!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts