Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past 4 or so weeks have been rather weird weather wise so we haven't had much snow or ice. Which means the plows haven't been sanding and salting as much. Meaning that the rains have cleaned the roads. Meaning that today when I went out for my first ride of the season the roads were actually really really clean.

I have no desire to ride on nasty roads and I'm really happy that I can get out and ride already. Woo!

So here is looking forward to a good spring and good riding!

·
Registered
793 Posts
I hear you. With the time change and some monster rains here the long awaited season has begun. An added bonus is the torrential rains have cleaned everything up pretty good and ahead of schedule this year, now to keep the salt trucks away...

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So sad! we woke up yesterday here in my area with snice (Snow/ice).

Enough that the plows were out blasting the roads again making a mess. I hope the rains come down in buckets and flood things clean asap. I wanna ride!

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
ZoSoSwiM said:
So sad! we woke up yesterday here in my area with snice (Snow/ice).

Enough that the plows were out blasting the roads again making a mess. I hope the rains come down in buckets and flood things clean asap. I wanna ride!
Go ride. It will be gone soon.

I have no desire to ride on nasty roads and I'm really happy that I can get out and ride already.
Down here in southern New England, if I waited for the sand to be swept up I wouldn't ride until May.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
It's been raining steady since yesterday afternoon. It might not wash the sand away in the corners, but it should dilute the salt. As long as the temps stay above freezing the city shouldn't be tempted to add more salt... if we have any left.

·
Hammer
471 Posts
I live in Central Mass. and wet dirty roads are the norm this time of year. It just means that I get to spend more time with my bike (cleaning after ride). Our roads won't be dirt free until around late May.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Now if it would only stop RAINING and WARM UP so I could get out there and enjoy those clean roads!! Errrrr, I got a good one in Friday and it's been cold and rainy ever since, I'm jonesin'!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.