Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try these?

cleat wedges. I have a PFPS and wondering if this would help...

any users? skeptics? people with homemade shims?

· Registered
3,270 Posts
The fitter I go to put a stack of 3 of these under my right cleat about 3 years ago when he found that my right leg was shorter than my left. It helped relieve some pain I was having in my left hip. I recently bought a single speed and have been riding it in regular shoes while I wait to set it up with SPD cleats.....I'm feeling the pain in the left side again, so I ordered a box of these to work with SPD cleats and I'll put the same stack under my right cleat. They work for me.

· Registered
3,863 Posts
I've read that for the Lemond wedges to work correctly you should be fitted by a trained technician. Another option would be the Specialized Body Geometry H.P. footbeds that come with shims that go inside your shoe. You can buy the shims separately, it's not necessary to use the Specialized footbeds with them. No clue if they would help your problem, but it's an option. Other than going with a cycling orthotic.

· Registered
126 Posts
I got fitted by a certified technician when I bought my new road bike 2 months ago. I was told to come back after riding it a bit, to make any adjustments necessary. After 2 weeks of putting in bigger miles I was suffering some knee and hip pain. The tech added 2 wedges under my left cleat and its been smooth sailing ever since. My knee was tracking out and the wedges really help to correct that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.