Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look cleats...grey cleats, red cleats...what's the difference? And are there any other cleats out there I should be aware of (last pair of looks I bought came with red cleats...a pair I am looking at now comes with grey cleats...should I care?

· Registered
635 Posts
grey cleats have 4.5 degrees of float
red cleats have 9 degrees of float.
there are also black cleats, 0 degrees of float.

you can buy replacement cleats if you want to stay with 9 degrees of float, they are under 20 bucks. no big deal, imo

note older look "delta" pedals/cleats are incompatable with new look "keo" pedals/cleats.

· Pixie Sticks and Politics
716 Posts
I have never been able to get used to my foot moving at all. Guess it is from my track days (match sprints, kilo, etc) but even today at 36 years old I still use the black cleats. Whatever you are comfortable with, go for it!

· Registered
11,555 Posts
I have never been able to get used to my foot moving at all.
Same here, and fortunately my old knees are still happiest with no float at all. BTW, not all knee issues are resolved with more float. Some actually benefit from less float.

As CC09 said, make sure you don't mix old LOOK stuff with the new LOOK KEO stuff. They appear similar and function the same way, but they're not interchangeable. If it says KEO on the pedal, you must use KEO cleats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.