Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I am contemplating a hybrid commute from Akron to Cleveland. I typically drive north on I-77 both ways (about 33 miles each way), but just discovered that the Towpath (old canal towpath that has been built out as a multi-use trail that will eventually run from the Flats in Cleveland more than 100 miles to the south) has been completed to Harvard. I'm considering a commute that would include a drive to a lot about 15 miles from downtown Cleveland, and would include a large chunk of Towpath riding to Harvard, but need advice on the best way to get from there to the lake front/downtown area. Are there any Cleveland riders/commuters who can provide some input? I poked around today at lunch time but didn't see a great way to make that final few miles. Thanks up front!

Chris

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I'm not real familiar with that area. I'd think one of the best ways to go would be through the flats. Try going to www.mapmyride.com and map a new ride. Type in where you're starting from, then look for a suitable route. Mapmyride prints really crappy maps, but it's very useful for finding your way in an unfamiliar place.

BTW, although I hardly ever do it, IMO downtown streets aren't that bad to ride. Just gotta be careful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.