Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started with just a single click whenever my right foot was at the 3 o'clock forward position. Then it happend at 3 and 9 o'clock position. Both only happened under power when standing, then sitting.

I put my bike on the stand and pedaled backwards and can slightly feel the click. The thing is, it doesn't happen at 3 and 9 anymore -- it happens every ~190-200 degrees, so it's ever-rotating. It is definitely coming from the crank/BB area, but it's cleaned and regreased as of a month ago. The problem just started maybe 2 days ago. No chain pins are loose, with which I did have a problem last month (when I thought it was the BB, but it wasn't).

Any ideas wtf is going on? Nothing looks out of the ordinary on my BB/cranks; everything is tight, clean, and greased. Bike is only 4-5 months old. Dura-ace everything.

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
It started with just a single click whenever my right foot was at the 3 o'clock forward position. Then it happend at 3 and 9 o'clock position. Both only happened under power when standing, then sitting.

I put my bike on the stand and pedaled backwards and can slightly feel the click. The thing is, it doesn't happen at 3 and 9 anymore -- it happens every ~190-200 degrees, so it's ever-rotating. It is definitely coming from the crank/BB area, but it's cleaned and regreased as of a month ago. The problem just started maybe 2 days ago. No chain pins are loose, with which I did have a problem last month (when I thought it was the BB, but it wasn't).

Any ideas wtf is going on? Nothing looks out of the ordinary on my BB/cranks; everything is tight, clean, and greased. Bike is only 4-5 months old. Dura-ace everything.
Make sure it's not the pedals. I thought I had a hosed BB once and it was where the pedals interfaced with the cranks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.