Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new bike and would like to now why when I am coasting I can here click click click from the rear hub. I have Easton rims and Shimano Ultegra drivetrain, it rides purfect and shifts fine. The reason I ask is that my last bike had Ultegra on it and did not do this. Please school me on this. THX

·
RoadBikeReview's Member
5,513 Posts
dom3333 said:
Just got a new bike and would like to now why when I am coasting I can here click click click from the rear hub. I have Easton rims and Shimano Ultegra drivetrain, it rides purfect and shifts fine. The reason I ask is that my last bike had Ultegra on it and did not do this. Please school me on this. THX
Some hubs make more noise than others. I've got a pair of wheels that is dead silent when it coasts, and another that clicks along somewhat loud. It's not a problem with the second pair of wheels, considering that they're like 10x nicer. It's basically just hub construction. If the noise bugs you, just don't coast :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.