Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Six13 with over 3,000 miles on it, and I have been noticing a mild yet noticeable clicking sound in what appears to be coming out of the crankset/bottom bracket. The sound is noticed when pressing down hard out of the saddle or on climbs. It doesn't affect power transfer, etc., but it is distracting.

Does anyone else out there have this problem? If so, what is best remedy? Is it simply lubing the bottom bracket? Or something more complicated?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had that a couple times on different bikes and it always went away by removing the bb regreasing everything etc. However, I've also had a broken lockring on a bb that caused that too, but was the older type of bb not external bearing type...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was hearing a similar clicking/creaking sound on my 2006 Synapse. I oiled the pedals and chain but the sound still persisted, especially when climbing. I took the bike into the shop and they tightened the BB a smidgen. The sound went away for a couple hours and then came back. On my second trip to the shop the mechanic took the BB apart and thoroughly regreased it. I haven't had any noises since.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts