Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Ti me up
1,243 Posts
Amazon runs these specials periodically. Last year, they ran several different flavors at $9.99. It was a nice way to try them out. Someone pointed out to me at the time, though (after I had bought 6 dozen bars, unfortunately) that Clif Bars do go stale when they sit on the shelf - unlike, say, PowerBars, which mostly taste like wallpaper paste from the day they're made until they're 50 years old.

Similar to Target, Wal-Mart has several flavors of Clif Bars for $.96 each in singles. I've started buying them that way instead of stocking up.

· Registered
352 Posts
johnny99 said:
I think they last at least 6 months before they go stale.
As far as the Chocolate Almond bars, that's definitely not true. They start going noticeably stale about 2 months after production - you can really taste it in the almonds and the chocolate. As far as I can tell, Clif Bar assigns an expiration date of 10 months from production, so you really want to buy bars dated at least 8 months from purchase date. I just got some Feb '07 bars from the supermarket, which were quite good. Unfortunately, bars from Amazon and drugstore.com are not consistently fresh - sometimes you'll get fresh bars, sometimes you get bars that have sat around for several months

· Registered
51 Posts
Powerbars

633 said:
......- unlike, say, PowerBars, which mostly taste like wallpaper paste from the day they're made until they're 50 years old.

Similar to Target, Wal-Mart has several flavors of Clif Bars for $.96 each in singles. I've started buying them that way instead of stocking up.

Hehehe
Have you ever looked at the ingredience of a Powerbar? The first thing listed is CORN SYRUP. So it is made mostly of corn syrup.
The Cliff Bars are definitely better and better for you. They do go stale though. I need to stock up.

· Taking the high road.
141 Posts
Thanks. Great deal

johnny99 said:
Go to amazon.com and search for "Clif Bar". Buy 3 dozen bars at $10.99 per dozen. Get a $5 discount with coupon code CLIF2006. Free shipping. Lots of different flavors.

Thanks Johnny...I also picked some Power Gel for $15-24 pack....deal!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.