Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get another pair of Clinchers for my Prince seen below. I have been riding the bike with the white DT Swiss wheels seen below, or the Bora's. I am thinking about getting Campy Shamal's Ultra 2-Way Fit, Fulcrum Racing Zero 2-Way Fit, or anything else.

Any suggestions? I ride in Florida where the roads are good and generally flat. I weigh 175 lbs.

And admittedly, I want something that will look good on the bike.

Any thougths?

Thank you.

·
Registered
577 Posts
2009 Fulcrum Zero. they are red with black. really improvement over last year's. also, they are tubeless/clinchers. they will match your prince nicely.

·
Registered
79 Posts
New Feet for your Dog

aaaahhhhhh! How about some gorgeous Campy Hyperon Ultra Clincher's in the nice Black Carbon with Red Accents! Hate the price - love the look!

·
Registered
577 Posts
if you do not get the Fulcrum Zero, then, go fo rhte 2008/9 Neutron Ultra. they are very nice wheels. i am assuming you can call them the Alum version of the Hyperon. i just got a pair and i am very impressed.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up getting both the Eurus 2-way fit, and the 2009 Neutron Ultra's. They are both great. For long rides, the Neutron's are as comfortable as they come. For fast rides, the Eurus 2-way fit with tubeless tires "almost" feel as good as my Bora's. All in all, Campy makes some pretty damn good wheels IMHO

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
ClassicSteel71 said:
He likes wasting money to fill a void in his life. Beats therapy.
Don't be a hater. The guy just wants nice wheels. Doesn't mean he has a void in his life, Freud.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ClassicSteel71 said:
He likes wasting money to fill a void in his life. Beats therapy.

Nothing wrong with the DT wheels at all. They are very nice. When I ride the DT's and the Neutrons, the Neutrons just feel a bit more solid and smoother to me.

As for wasting money, yes, I'll admit to spending far too much on all of this cycling stuff. That said, I won't stop b/c I enjoy it all and I work my ass off to earn it. Therefore, I make no apologies for having nice equipment :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
ClassicSteel71 said:
Not really. I have all I need. 1 lugged, 1 TIG, 1 plastic. Maybe I'll add a Ti, but I doubt it.

[/UR]

Nice bikes.

Now, unless you've spent some time riding a Prince, I'm intrigued about what makes you such an authority regarding it, to the point that you feel it necessary to disrespect iridepinarello because he chooses to enhance his bike with one wheelset over another.

Looking at your rides, it's like you telling him what wine to drink with his six course dinner when all you've ever eaten is macaroni and cheese.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
the genie said:
Nice bikes.

Now, unless you've spent some time riding a Prince, I'm intrigued about what makes you such an authority regarding it, to the point that you feel it necessary to disrespect iridepinarello because he chooses to enhance his bike with one wheelset over another.

Looking at your rides, it's like you telling him what wine to drink with his six course dinner when all you've ever eaten is macaroni and cheese.
You had a point until the last sentence. Now you just sound like an arrogant jerk. Not everyone defines their self-worth by what bike they ride. If you do, that's your deal, but don't expect everyone else to do so as well.

Now, can we get back to talking about the wheels instead of this pointless back-and-forth.

Personally, I think the Prince deserves carbon clinchers. I've noted I'm a fan of Reynolds wheels. A pair of SDV66 clinchers with the red stickers on that bike...bam!

·
Banned
952 Posts
the genie said:
Nice bikes.

He has Bora's and a set of training wheels. So adding anything else is a waste of time and money.

As for your dumb statement, the prince is the same geometry w/ a lighter carbon. Do you really think the ride quality is that different. Especially for a rider in florida who I will bet is rec riding on a 10k bike.. Get a clue son...

·
Banned
952 Posts
the genie said:
Nice bikes. .

LOL. I guess a Pegoretti, a Colnago, and a Pinarello are junk in your fantacy world. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
FondriestFan said:
You had a point until the last sentence. Now you just sound like an arrogant jerk. Not everyone defines their self-worth by what bike they ride. If you do, that's your deal, but don't expect everyone else to do so as well.

Now, can we get back to talking about the wheels instead of this pointless back-and-forth.

Personally, I think the Prince deserves carbon clinchers. I've noted I'm a fan of Reynolds wheels. A pair of SDV66 clinchers with the red stickers on that bike...bam!

OK, you're right. I could've been a bit more delicate with the choosing of my words, as the real point I was trying to make is that opinions have more weight if based on experience., especially when such opinions are harsh or hostile. Mind you, this applies to any bike at any cost, as each has its own unique characteristics.

SDV66 clinchers with the red stickers? Those things are ugly.

Just kidding. Those are nice wheels.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ClassicSteel71 said:
He has Bora's and a set of training wheels. So adding anything else is a waste of time and money..

...and you have three bikes. Since you can ride only one at a time, does that make the other two a waste of time and money too?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts