Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved from Seattle to Santa Fe and I found that my Specialized Terra clinchers that worked great in the wet Seattle mud don't shed sticky Santa Fe mud as well and have lost traction a couple of times on some corners on a descent.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some clinchers that can shed sticky mud better?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Does Michelin make the Mud Anymore? No they don't. The Mud 2 isn't as good.

Maxxis Mud Wrestler has good spacing which will help shed mud

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
Give the new Clement BOS tires a try. Nice review here;
New Product Spotlight: Clement BOS Tubeless Cyclocross Tire - Cyclocross Magazine - Cyclocross News, Races, Bikes, Photos, Videos
where they describe the tread as "the original green Michelin Mud on steroids". (added bonus- will make ATP happy :) )

Personally I like the Clement PDX's- they're great with that dreadful "peanut butter" mud. But apparently you've already raced in PacNW conditions and didn't need them, so YMMV.
Green Muds, thx for the shout.

the muds of the SW have way more clay to them.
What folks in the PNW think of as peanut butter is pretty nice mud by SW standards
We have places where under certain amounts of precipitation are basically unridable

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give the new Clement BOS tires a try. Nice review here;
New Product Spotlight: Clement BOS Tubeless Cyclocross Tire - Cyclocross Magazine - Cyclocross News, Races, Bikes, Photos, Videos
where they describe the tread as "the original green Michelin Mud on steroids". (added bonus- will make ATP happy :) )

Personally I like the Clement PDX's- they're great with that dreadful "peanut butter" mud. But apparently you've already raced in PacNW conditions and didn't need them, so YMMV.
I love Clement, so I'll see if I can grab a pair of those to try out. Never hurts to have too many tire options. I run a pair of LAS for early season hardpack races.

And as atpjunkie said, a lot more clay in the soil down here.

Thanks for the suggestions both of you. Can't wait to start racing this season!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.