Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've just fitted Ultegra pedals.When on my mountain bike with shimano xt I just twisted my foot to release, is it the same action with the road pedals only I tried it earlier and it didn't release too well, cheers.

· Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
They will be pretty tight when you first get them. They have a adjustment to loosen them up a bit until you get the feel of unclipping from the road shoes. I just keep going on a horizontal plane and they should come out. They do have 6 degrees of float if using the standard clip so it will take a bit for them to come out.

· Frog Whisperer
41,516 Posts
mrgoodcat said:
Thanks guys, I did set them on the easiest setting, practice makes perfect I suppose.
in which case.......plan ahead...it is MOST embarrassing to fall over...although we have ALL done it

· Registered
304 Posts
I rode 29.44 miles yesterday and kept constantly thinking "un-clip whenever I stopped at lights, traffic, rest, etc...) then got home saw some pretty girls standing outside .... LOL !!!
Ooops ... forgot ... fell over ... squirming on the ground trying to regain composure lol ... they laughed!!! haha.

I thought I would make it my first day without falling down, but guess not. At least I was stopped when I fell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.