Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
433 Posts
I've gone back to platforms. I know some say they're less efficient but it doesn't seem to be a big difference for me and it's nice to be able to use any shoes you want. My current favorite pedal is the MKS touring pedal.

· Registered
1,280 Posts
MKS with Powergrips. I use it for a lot of short errands and don`t want to keep changing shoes every time I want to pedal out of my driveway. FWIW, if I take off from work at lunchtime, I have to flip the Powergrips down because my workboots don`t fit in the straps when they`re adjusted for my regular shoes.

· Registered
14,776 Posts
What type of pedal/combo do you do?
Clipless. The rainy-day commuter has dual-function pedals (SPD-type clipless on one side, flat platform on the other) because it's also the errand bike

Do you keep a pair of "work" shoes at work?
yes. also shampoo and other toiletries, belt, shoeshine kit, and other stuff that I don't want to lug back and forth.

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
I use Look Keos because of the long distance I commute. I keep about a weeks worth of clothes at work. When I run out, or if it's a particular bad weather day, I'll take the car and do a "laundry run."

· Registered
868 Posts
Toe clips and straps with Soma track pedals. I like being able to jump on my bike without putting on a different pair of shoes. I also keep an extra pair of shoes at work as I ride regardless of the weather and I sometimes get wet.

· Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
I have platforms. They're actually mtb combo pedals so that I can work on getting used to clipless, but I ride everywhere (pretty much literally) so I need to be able to wear my regular shoes. I do keep shoes at work though.

· Registered
834 Posts
Nashbar platform pedals. All I need. My commute is short, and I sure as hell don't want to be changing shoes. Besides, clipping in always aggravated my ITB syndrome, but plats don't, which tells me something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.