Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back I was practicing painting bikes and applying decals. I sprayed a Specialized Allez blue and put Colnago stickers on it. It was funny how many people gawked over it just cause it had Colnago stickers on it. It was funny to listen to people admire the lug work that was never even glanced at while it wore its specialized decals.

Last year I started building a bike for my brother. I wanted to build him something special and he was under a budget. Ended spending a little over $1000 but The results were very nice. The first thing I wanted to was kill the Cloanago. My brother said his favorite color was orange. He gave me $1000 bucks and here is what he ended up with......

·
Home Brew User!
2,810 Posts
Stop Teasing

Show us a picture of the BIKE!

Looks great from what I can see

·
Registered
383 Posts
the bull said:
Awhile back I was practicing painting bikes and applying decals. I sprayed a Specialized Allez blue and put Colnago stickers on it.
I remember your posts about that "colnago" project! The orange looks great. I wish I had a brother with skills like yours. That's a sweet rig. I'll bet it rides like butta.

·
What the Hell is going on
4,996 Posts
Merckx orange

Great bike Bull,
Did you paint the bike yourself? What's your painting setup like? What kind of paint did you use (Imron)? I'm considering painting some of my frames myself but want to avoid going the rattle can route.

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Look at all the fun stuff you can get from this place.
http://www.hokpaint.com/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=hokgate.bbx

I sprayed the bike myself.
This company has all kinds of colors.
I used a kit called tangelo.
They come in cans and they work as well as a gun.
I striped all the paint down to bare metal.
Then I primed it with a white (3 or even 4 coats in some places).
I used the tangelo (2 to 3 coats).
Then clear coated it (1 coat).
In between all coats I wet sanded with 400 600 and 1000.
After the final clear I wet sanded it all the way to a 1400.
After I let it dry out really well I waxed it.

·
Kant phuckin sphell
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here it is...

full body shot. Sorry for the poor quality. For some reason my pictures are not uploading like they should. I think my camera is just too powerful.

·
What the Hell is going on
4,996 Posts
That's mighty fine. . .

Bull,
That's a mighty fine paint job from an aerosol can! Thanks for the link!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts