Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ready to cross a major intersection, traffic in two of the three lanes stop, the 1st lane closest to me, has a Ram a few 100 feet away, seems like he's slowing down.

I start to cross, and hear this tire "wweerrrr!" sound, then some tire chirping, glance to my left, and see the ram in the middle of a panic stop about 100ft from where I am (the light had already been red for at least 3 seconds!)...

I stomp on the pedals, get past his lane, and look back to see him still in the midst of the panic stop (still going at least 45mph), ending up stopping at the other side of the intesection, almost hitting a merging car...

If I didn't change from toe clip-pedals to mtb platforms (e.g. that split second to flip them the right way up) I probably would of been hit. Nothing against toe clips/strap setups, just a querky side note.

I've had slow-speed close calls, nothing like this though...

c r a z y...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Crashing red lights is a major sport here in Ohio. While driving, I've had guilt pangs for going through a light that I could have stopped for, only to check my rear view mirror to see that the next 3 cars in line also came through.

Glad you're all right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.