Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have close-up pics of tt/tri bike cable routing (bar-end shifters on aero bars & aero brakes on bullhorns, etc.)?

or instructions? suggestions? advice?

TIA!

-J

·
The web is a MUT
1,373 Posts
A few seasons ago I spent time on the trinewbies.com website and there were usually several good pics of bike buildups and cable routing over there linked into the dialogs. Hope this helps some.

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
J's Haiku Shop said:
anyone have close-up pics of tt/tri bike cable routing (bar-end shifters on aero bars & aero brakes on bullhorns, etc.)?

or instructions? suggestions? advice?

TIA!

-J

I prefer the direct route for clean shifting. I have been setting up my own tri bikes for 20 years and this one always delivers.

I find that if I try to follow the aero bar down and try to make those bends to get to the cable stops, I find that the index shifting is too obstructed.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Had similar problems making tight bends. I invested in a set of Nokon cables (I know I know "waste of money...) and have had excelent results. I highly reccoment using a nokon or similar system.

·
Non non normal
10,157 Posts
like your Avatar

J,

You know what all James Brown's wives had in common?

Answer They just wouldn't listen

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
back atcha

"just pretend i can climb you idiot"

stroke of genius. true.

story o'my life.

mercy buckets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.