Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for a frame for my 12yr old son,something not to fancy this is his 1st road bike,been looking at ebay for the past month not much luck.chucksbikes.com has great prices but wrong sizes looking for a 50-53max size frame thanks for any help

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,749 Posts
If you've got the saavy to help him get sized, etc. then for a growing kid I can't imagine shopping anything other than the used market. He'll get 2 seasons TOPS out of anything you buy.

Have you tried Craig's List for your area?

·
pinoy thunder
342 Posts
The tsunami frames at Chuck's are a good value. I have a teammate who owns one of his Tsunami track frames. Another 'mate has a Tsunami carbon frame. Very nice and inexpensive frames.
I've been to his store and he gets container shipments every now and then so I suggest to call him. He usually gives discounts on multiple items btw. Good luck.

·
Incredibly slow
581 Posts
I know you've checked ebay, but there is a $70 Fetish frame there right now that is 49 cm ctc and 53 ctt, with a 54.5 top tube. On the other hand, I don't know if I'd like my kid riding something with the word Fetish on it.
Also, there is a 51 cm 1969 Paramount that ends on the 29th, of course it is likely to be bid up quite a bit. But if you were lucky enough to get that one, you could have the rear spread to 130 mm, and he would have an awesome bike.
I agree that used is probably the way to go, unless you have more kids in the pipeline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.