Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
steel515 said:
how much air do people over 200lbs put in their tires?
Do they use/prefer high pressure in skinnier tires or low pressure in wider tires?
I weigh 200 and I run either 23s or 25s with max pressure...110-120PSI usually.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
23'S with 115 in back, or 25's with 105 in back.

Some people ride light, and some people ride heavy. (by heavy, I mean that they ride into a lot of pot holes)

·
Registered
373 Posts
steel515 said:
how much air do people over 200lbs put in their tires?
Do they use/prefer high pressure in skinnier tires or low pressure in wider tires?
I weigh 215, and run my 23c's at 90 front, 95 rear. No pinch flats and a little more comfortable than higher pressures. I used to go at max pressure, but soon learned hot temperatures will cause the pressure to go up and the tire to blow off the rim. Besides, for the best pedalling efficiency, you don't want part of your energy being wasted going into bouncing instead of forward motion.

·
Registered
92 Posts
#255. Tarmac Pro. Club rides - 50 miles x 16-18mph urban/country pavement

Conti GP4000 23 on front - 110
Conti GP4000 25 on back - 120

GP4000 and Conti Gators seem to be the tires of choice in our club; however several have been raving about the PS3.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I previously wrote that I used 90 psi front and 95 psi rear pressures. Since then I have installed a Neuvation S2 saddle and find it is much more comfortable on the bumps. I will be raising my tire pressure a little at a time to find the best balance of performance/comfort. Now I am using 95 front and 100 rear, it is still more comfortable than the lower pressures and my old saddle. I was considering going to 25c tires, but now I will stick with the 23c's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.