Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Had one of the Portland Design Works Shiny Object CO2 Inflator. I had nothing but problems with it. I too, use the Ultraflate Plus. An excellent inflator. It'll take 12 or 16 gram cartridges, threaded or non threaded cartridges, and you can store a cartridge upside down in the inflator unlit you need to use it. The trigger allows you to put in just a puff of air to give the tube some shape when you're mounting it. It's very easy to modulate. IME it's the best there is.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Mr. Versatile said:
Had one of the Portland Design Works Shiny Object CO2 Inflator. I had nothing but problems with it. I too, use the Ultraflate Plus. An excellent inflator. It'll take 12 or 16 gram cartridges, threaded or non threaded cartridges, and you can store a cartridge upside down in the inflator unlit you need to use it. The trigger allows you to put in just a puff of air to give the tube some shape when you're mounting it. It's very easy to modulate. IME it's the best there is.

That's what I am packing. Never had a problem with it, used it for years.

·
You talking to me?
736 Posts
pmf said:
Doesn't that thing freeze your fingers off when you use it? I like the small size, but they get pretty cold when inflating a tire.
Yes, you need to be careful. I did get a (cold) blister once from gripping it too tight and too long. Just use a series of quick bursts instead of one long shot and the problem goes away.

·
Use my Apps :)
1,010 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.