Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am a frequent lurker, but I finally have something I want to post. I will finally have some more free time to race next year and I am looking to hire a coach to help me reach my goals. I am looking to spend about $150 a month and want to know if anyone has any feedback about any internet, or local coaches that would fill the bill. I live in the Atlanta area. I have been considering Cycle-smart and Fascat coaching. If any of you have used either of these services and would like to share your experiences it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have used a CTS (Carmichael Training System) coach for a year now. He lives in Colorado Springs and I live in NYC. He is great. Takes time to understand my goals (I race and he shared not just training but strategy) gives constant feedback and is generally a really good guy. His name is Dave McIntosh. Just tell him Jeff from NYC referred you if you contact him. Ask me for his contact info if you want it.

·
RoadBikeReview Member
394 Posts
Sonomasnap said:
I have used a CTS (Carmichael Training System) coach for a year now. He lives in Colorado Springs and I live in NYC. He is great. Takes time to understand my goals (I race and he shared not just training but strategy) gives constant feedback and is generally a really good guy. His name is Dave McIntosh. Just tell him Jeff from NYC referred you if you contact him. Ask me for his contact info if you want it.
Just curious, did you race without a coach before, and if so was there a material difference in improvement with a CTS coach? Also, do they really push you to buy a powermeter (more of a cost issue than anything else).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes I raced before as a Cat5. I feel I have gotten stronger faster than I would have on my own. More structure, support and for me guilt if I don't do the workouts and do them well someone will know. Training on my own it was easier to cut corners.

Regarding a power meter he never pushed me to get one but his analysis and training regimen is much better now that I have power on the bike. I actually have a power meter (powertap) on both my training wheels and my racing wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts