Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry for the confusing subject title, but I was wondering what top cyclocross(Cat 1-2) racers are at as far as FTP. I hear FTP of approx. 4.7-4.8 watts/kg is pretty fast. I know there are a ton of other factors that decide race results but I'm just looking at one part of the engine right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
remember to tell the lad that there is no universally accepted definition of "FTP." for one thing, there is no universally accepted definition of "T".

·
Impulse Athletic Coaching
5,576 Posts
bill said:
remember to tell the lad that there is no universally accepted definition of "FTP." for one thing, there is no universally accepted definition of "T".
You may be correct about the "T," but FTP is defined as a person's 60 minute power. That's the beauty of it...it was invented to give some sort of standardization.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,009 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
You may be correct about the "T," but FTP is defined as a person's 60 minute power. That's the beauty of it...it was invented to give some sort of standardization.
I used to use my highest 20 minute interval in training but now I use the highest recorded average I've seen for a 60 minute duration. That's more accurate, I think. And then you don't have keep redoing tests. But I don't think that everyone agrees as to what that is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.