SHC black & white sidebyside

Aerodynamics Expert & Components Designer John Cobb to Introduce Latest Products at Interbike

Tyler, TX - John Cobb announced today the immediate availability of the latest addition to his line of Cobb Cycling saddles, the SHC road. The SHC, as well as the V-Flow, Plus, Max and HC170 models, can all be ordered through bike shops or purchased online at: www.cobbcycling.com.

At Interbike, in addition to showcasing the SHC and his other road/TT models, Cobb will introduce his new series of off-road saddles comprised of the Plus DRT and SHC DRT. A play on the word "dirt", each DRT model is designed to satisfy various levels of cushiness as well as the ergonomic requirements of different types of off-road riding.

The Plus DRT provides thicker padding and greater structural volume for all-mountain comfort and efficiency. The SHC DRT is designed for cross-country with an emphasis on minimal weight and speed, while providing the same ergonomic pressure-relief ergonomics that characterize his entire line. DRT models provide impact and tear resistance with the implementation of a Kevlar panel along the rear sides and back of each saddle.

"My seats have long been celebrated for their superior ergonomics in road and triathlon cycling, since I carefully research how nose and backend widths affect a rider's muscles, body heat and power output," explained Cobb. "At the same time, many of the hardcore racers I work with have pushed me to create sleeker and lighter weight models, including for off-road. My new SHC road model is professional peloton ready, and my DRT models can satisfy any and all off-road needs," Cobb concluded.

The SHC retails for $189.99, features titanium rails and is available in White-Black or Black-White color schemes. The Plus DRT and SHC DRT models will be available by mid-October; both feature tubular CrnTi alloy rails. The Plus DRT will retail for $149.99 in optional colors Gray-Black Kevlar or White-Black. The SHC DRT will retail for $189.99 in Black-Black Kevlar or White-Black graphics.