Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody posted a picture of their new Cobble GOBL-R seat post on bike forums so I'm guessing these are finally shipping? I would love to hear some owner's chime in with impressions of this seat post.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Somebody posted a picture of their new Cobble GOBL-R seat post on bike forums so I'm guessing these are finally shipping? I would love to hear some owner's chime in with impressions of this seat post.
The good

It does work, surprisingly well
Easy to adjust

The bad

It's ugly
It adds weight
It has more set back than the normal 25mm
It changes angle when it compresses, even just normal weight so you have to taken that into account when adjusting the height and seat angle

Overall I like it as I think you can ride longer with more comfort

·
S-Works Tarmac SL3
827 Posts
Its odd that its got more setback, especially since setback is further exacerbated when the post is working to absorb the bumps and jolts. There again, Trek's seatpost Domane principle, as well as any flexible post (eg; Richey Flexlogic) also alters the angle when working as intended. But I'm not sure the reason behind Specialized putting more setback on this particular post unless it was a necessary approach to meet the vertical displacement number. Extra setback would not affect me since I run 9.8cm due to my leg and femur length. But I still don't like it being different from the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.