Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The below are pretty much all greek to me. Does anyone have any speculation about the names that line up with these code names. The article said some are obvious, well not to me.
The article said 1 could be Ullrich. 2 is an Italian kids cartoon, 25 is the cartoon's friend.
24 "Classics Man" brings a half dozen names to mind.

Thoughts

1 - Hijo Rudicio.
2 - Birillo.
4 - Nicolas.
5 - Sevillano.
6 - Sancti Petri.
12 - Guti. 1
3 - Serrano (alcalde).
14 - RH.
16 - Vicioso.
17 - Porras.
19 - Oso.
20 - Bella (Jörg).
24 - Clasicómano (Luigi).
25 - Amigo de Birillo.
26-Huerta.
32 - Zapatero.
33 - Clasicómano.
 

·
I heart team Zissou!
Joined
·
2,954 Posts
Scot_Gore said:
The below are pretty much all greek to me. Does anyone have any speculation about the names that line up with these code names. The article said some are obvious, well not to me.
The article said 1 could be Ullrich. 2 is an Italian kids cartoon, 25 is the cartoon's friend.
24 "Classics Man" brings a half dozen names to mind.

Thoughts

1 - Hijo Rudicio. <b> Jan Ulrich?</B>
2 - Birillo.
4 - Nicolas. <b> Nicolas Jalabert??Nicolas Portal??</B>
5 - Sevillano. <b> Oscar Sevilla?</B>
6 - Sancti Petri.
12 - Guti. 1<b> José Guterriez??</B>
3 - Serrano (alcalde). <b> Marcos Antonio Serrano</b>
14 - RH. <b> Roberto Heras??</B>
16 - Vicioso. <b> Angel Vicioso??</B>
17 - Porras.
19 - Oso. <b> Unai or Aitor Osa</b>
20 - Bella (Jörg). <b> Jorg Jaksche??</B>
24 - Clasicómano (Luigi).
25 - Amigo de Birillo.
26-Huerta.
32 - Zapatero.
33 - Clasicómano. <b> Juan Antonio Flecha??</B>
My sugestions in bold above...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
philippec said:
My sugestions in bold above...
Thanks

When they said obvious they meant it.
I had put Sevilla with Sevillano and RH with Roberto Heras but thought it couldn't be that easy. I need to study up on my (formerly known as) Liberty Segouros team list. I've not heard of these guy's but it makes sense they are on the list.

Scot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,561 Posts
Another possible clue is that the two teams that are supposed to be heavily involved are Liberty Seguros and the "green" team. This was at first thought to be Comunidad Valenciana because of the involvement of their assistant DS, but with the release of these code names and lets face it, Hamilton and company, the thought is that the green team is actually, Phonak. Maybe classics man is Perdiguero? Another possible connection to Phonak would be Steve Zampieri with Zapatero, as I think both mean foot wear or foot store or something along those lines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
So have Angel Vicioso (who just won a Tour de Suisse stage) and Jorg Jaksche issued a written statement unequivocally denying their involvement in this affair?

This is sad stuff. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Dwayne Barry said:
Another possible clue is that the two teams that are supposed to be heavily involved are Liberty Seguros and the "green" team. This was at first thought to be Comunidad Valenciana because of the involvement of their assistant DS, but with the release of these code names and lets face it, Hamilton and company, the thought is that the green team is actually, Phonak. Maybe classics man is Perdiguero? Another possible connection to Phonak would be Steve Zampieri with Zapatero, as I think both mean foot wear or foot store or something along those lines.
Good point
I put the team names in the list

1 - Hijo Rudicio. Jan Ulrich? T-mobile
2 - Birillo.
4 - Nicolas. Nicolas Jalabert?? Phonak
5 - Sevillano. Oscar Sevilla? T_Mobile with Phonak history
6 - Sancti Petri.
12 - Guti. José Guterriez?? Phonak
13 - Serrano (alcalde). Marcos Antonio Serrano Astana-Würth
14 - RH. Roberto Heras?? Liberty aka Astana/Wurth
16 - Vicioso. Angel Vicioso?? Astana-Würth
17 - Porras.
19 - Oso. Unai or Aitor Osa Astana-Würth
20 - Bella (Jörg). Jorg Jaksche?? Astana-Würth
24 - Clasicómano (Luigi).
25 - Amigo de Birillo.
26-Huerta.
32 - Zapatero. Steve Zampieri Phonak
33 - Clasicómano. Juan Antonio Flecha?? Fassa

Makes the Flecha speculation look like a outlayer, so likely some other Classics Man as you said Dwayne.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
terzo rene said:
Some of this goes back a way so Sancti Petri would be Santi Perez.

Clasicómano (Luigi) could be a play on Liege in which case it's likely Vino.
My thought was that "Luigi" might be a stand in for "Italian". All Italian's are Luigi afterall. So, it would translate to "Italian Man of the Classics"

Where the other one is just Classic's Man, which makes you want to jump to Boonen or VanPetegem (sp). (but I really don't think so).

Who's the "Italian Man of the Classics" ?
 

·
Self-Banned
Joined
·
16,907 Posts
Scot_Gore said:
My thought was that "Luigi" might be a stand in for "Italian". All Italian's are Luigi afterall. So, it would translate to "Italian Man of the Classics"

Where the other one is just Classic's Man, which makes you want to jump to Boonen or VanPetegem (sp). (but I really don't think so).

Who's the "Italian Man of the Classics" ?

I assume you're being sarcastic... if not I'd say Bettini
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
euro-trash said:
Remember, there are a lot of footballers on this list too, so not all names will align with riders in the peloton.
But none of the stories have given any indication those names are being released or are on the published lists.

Maybe after the world cup is over those will come out but not before. They have a right to privacy and due process because their fans riot and kill people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Maybe now that Spain lost to France, and has to go home, some of those footballer names will begin to appear. Unless, of course, they contain the names of a bunch of internationals who play in Spain's premier league. :blush2:

Regardless, 58 names at a minimum is a pretty healthy chunk of the registered Spanish teams-- especially when you look at the amount of money involved for individual athletes. I have a hard time imagining that a Jazztel rider making 20k euros a year is getting his dope and preparation through the Fuentes regimen. You have to figure most of those involved are making a fair amt of money if they can spend even 10k euros a year on medical preparations, moreless in the 40s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
follow up

I was trying to compare the names we've seen so far out of Operation Puerto with the code names that we've seen.
I think this is the line up so far:
List of 31 from Report Match to Code Name
Angel Casero
Angel Vicioso 16 - Vicioso.
David Bernabeu
David Blanco Rodriguez
David Etxebarria
David Latasa
Eladio Jimenez
Isidro Nozal
J.Luis
Javier Pascual
Jörg Jaksche 20 - Bella (Jörg).
Jose Adrian Bonillla
Joseba Beloki
Juan Gomis Lopez
Marcos Serrano 3 - Serrano (alcalde).
Ruben Plaza
Santiago Perez 6 - Sancti Petri.
Tyler Hamilton
Unai Osa
Carlos Garcia Quesada
Carlos Zarate
Constantino Zaballa 32 - Zapatero.
Francisco Mancebo
Ivan Basso 2 - Birillo.
Jan Ullrich 1 - Hijo Rudicio.
Jose Enrique Gutierrez 12 - Guti. 1
Jose Ignacio Gutierrez
Michele Scarponi
Oscar Sevilla 5 - Sevillano.
Roberto Heras 14 - RH.
M. Jimenez

Leaving this as the remaining names that I don't match to a rider in the report.
4 - Nicolas.
17 - Porras.
19 - Oso.
24 - Clasicómano (Luigi).
25 - Amigo de Birillo.
26-Huerta.
33 - Clasicómano.

Any thoughts

Scot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
Scot_Gore said:
I was trying to compare the names we've seen so far out of Operation Puerto with the code names that we've seen.
I think this is the line up so far:
List of 31 from Report Match to Code Name
Angel Casero
Angel Vicioso 16 - Vicioso.
David Bernabeu
David Blanco Rodriguez
David Etxebarria
David Latasa
Eladio Jimenez
Isidro Nozal
J.Luis
Javier Pascual
Jörg Jaksche 20 - Bella (Jörg).
Jose Adrian Bonillla
Joseba Beloki
Juan Gomis Lopez
Marcos Serrano 3 - Serrano (alcalde).
Ruben Plaza
Santiago Perez 6 - Sancti Petri.
Tyler Hamilton
Unai Osa
Carlos Garcia Quesada
Carlos Zarate
Constantino Zaballa 32 - Zapatero.
Francisco Mancebo
Ivan Basso 2 - Birillo.
Jan Ullrich 1 - Hijo Rudicio.
Jose Enrique Gutierrez 12 - Guti. 1
Jose Ignacio Gutierrez
Michele Scarponi
Oscar Sevilla 5 - Sevillano.
Roberto Heras 14 - RH.
M. Jimenez

Leaving this as the remaining names that I don't match to a rider in the report.
4 - Nicolas.
17 - Porras.
19 - Oso.
24 - Clasicómano (Luigi).
25 - Amigo de Birillo.
26-Huerta.
33 - Clasicómano.

Any thoughts

Scot

Anyone else think of scene from "Reservoir dogs" - Buscemi character is Jaksche:

Jaksche: Why can't we pick our own nicknames?
Fuentes: It doesn't work. I tried it once. Everyone wanted to be "Mr. Cannibal".
Jaksche: But Bella sounds too much like a "beautiful girl"
Basso: So? Who care what your name is?
Jaksche: Easy for you to say, Mr. Brillo. You wanna trade?
Fuentes: Nobody is trading! This is not a goddamn city council! My way or highway! Which way is it going to be, Bella?
Jaksche: Why can't I be Mr. Zizu?
Fuentes: Because Zizu is some other guy, playing in World Cup right now, Ok?
Jaksche: Ok, Ok, jesus christ, I am just asking... I am Bella. Forget it, it is beneath me. Let's move on...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,055 Posts
Scot_Gore said:
I was trying to compare the names we've seen so far out of Operation Puerto with the code names that we've seen.
I think this is the line up so far:
List of 31 from Report Match to Code Name
Angel Casero
Angel Vicioso 16 - Vicioso.
David Bernabeu
David Blanco Rodriguez
David Etxebarria
David Latasa
Eladio Jimenez
Isidro Nozal
J.Luis
Javier Pascual
Jörg Jaksche 20 - Bella (Jörg).
Jose Adrian Bonillla
Joseba Beloki
Juan Gomis Lopez
Marcos Serrano 3 - Serrano (alcalde).
Ruben Plaza
Santiago Perez 6 - Sancti Petri.
Tyler Hamilton
Unai Osa
Carlos Garcia Quesada
Carlos Zarate
Constantino Zaballa 32 - Zapatero.
Francisco Mancebo
Ivan Basso 2 - Birillo.
Jan Ullrich 1 - Hijo Rudicio.
Jose Enrique Gutierrez 12 - Guti. 1
Jose Ignacio Gutierrez
Michele Scarponi
Oscar Sevilla 5 - Sevillano.
Roberto Heras 14 - RH.
M. Jimenez

Leaving this as the remaining names that I don't match to a rider in the report.
4 - Nicolas.
17 - Porras.
19 - Oso.
24 - Clasicómano (Luigi).
25 - Amigo de Birillo.
26-Huerta.
33 - Clasicómano.

Any thoughts

Scot

Anyone else think of scene from "Reservoir dogs" - Buscemi character is Jaksche:

Jaksche: Why can't we pick our own nicknames?
Fuentes: It doesn't work. I tried it once. Everyone wanted to be "Mr. Cannibal".
Jaksche: But Bella sounds too much like a "beautiful girl"
Basso: So? Who cares what your name is?
Jaksche: Easy for you to say, Mr. Brillo. You wanna trade?
Fuentes: Nobody is trading! This is not a goddamn city council! My way or highway! Which way is it going to be, Bella?
Jaksche: Why can't I be Mr. Zizu?
Fuentes: Because Zizu is some other guy, playing in World Cup right now, Ok?
Jaksche: Ok, Ok, jesus christ, I am just asking... I am Bella. Forget it, it is beneath me. Let's move on...
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top