Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
Also, let me just throw out the obligatory "Why can't anybody make a NEW movie?"

It's not like the Coen Bros. don't have enough pull to get money for whatever story they want to shoot.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
Also, let me just throw out the obligatory "Why can't anybody make a NEW movie?"

It's not like the Coen Bros. don't have enough pull to get money for whatever story they want to shoot.
I am just gonna wait and see the "new" sequel, Rooster Cogburn.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am going to try and read the novel and watch the john wayne movie beofre seeing the coen bros.

Their movie is supposed to follow the novel more closely

·
Proud luddite
7,227 Posts
Will Glen Campbell be in it? He was pretty good in the first version, although he may not come across as being so clean cut at this stage in his life.

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
azpeterb said:
Will Glen Campbell be in it? He was pretty good in the first version, although he may not come across as being so clean cut at this stage in his life.
more importantly, will Bruce Campbell be in it?

·
gazing from the shadows
27,287 Posts
bikeboy389 said:

In general, I'm there with you.

In this case? I am really curious what they will do with the material. They are good, the cast is good, the story is good. The original is a classic, but today it can be made a lot grittier. Do I expect it to be better than the original? No, but I think the potential is there, even if the probability is low.

·
Administrator
13,007 Posts
Travesty.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
bikeboy389 said:

Sometimes writers and/or directors want to try their hand at a particular genre. The Coen brothers strike me as two guys that will only do something if they so desire.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
azpeterb said:

That's the Wichita Lineman now?! I am shocked!!:eek:

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
dr hoo said:
In general, I'm there with you.

In this case? I am really curious what they will do with the material. They are good, the cast is good, the story is good. The original is a classic, but today it can be made a lot grittier. Do I expect it to be better than the original? No, but I think the potential is there, even if the probability is low.
+1. I think the Brothers Coen are slowly casting their steely gaze over every facet of 'Cinema Americana' but a big chunk of change from some clueless H'wood producer doesn't hurt none.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts